Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Mr. Automatic Glider

Message Subject: Mr. Automatic Glider
Posted 5/3/2010 9:35 AM (#438807)
Subject: Mr. Automatic Glider

I picked up a Mr. Automatic 8” Glider to give it a try, I guess you have to work this lures real slow? Has anyone had any luck with it and what type of rod do you use to work them. The one I was using kept staying near the surface or would pop out of the water unless I gave it time to sink. After I let it sink it worked its way back to the surface as I worked it, am I working it too fast? Are there any tip or modifications that you make to this bait that you could share? Do you add additional weight to this lure? Any info is appreciated.
Thanks
Muskerboy
Posted 5/3/2010 12:21 PM (#438841 - in reply to #438807)
Subject: Re: Mr. Automatic Glider

Just threw one for the first time this weekend. It is a really good glider, the trick is slow down a lot! It doesn't need very hard taps either, the reason its popping to the top is your probably hitting it too hard. You may also want to try changing your leader they are kinda touchy. Give Scott a call he's a really nice guy and would help you out.
Fish and Whistle
Posted 5/3/2010 12:21 PM (#438842 - in reply to #438807)

I call mine "Mr. Erratic" and that's why I love it. What you describe is what makes mine rock. I use my XXH 8'6" w/ salstist 30LW (big blade set up) for "Mr. Erratic" (or large phantoms). These baits are so heavy to begin with I haven't made any mods to them. I only make suttle pops to get it working and let it have just a little slack and who knows which direction it will go. I think a lot of pauses (of various length) is the key. When LOTW calls for a jerk/glide bait, this is one that I grab first.
Muskerboy
Posted 5/3/2010 12:25 PM (#438843 - in reply to #438807)

Sorry forgot to add I use a toothtamer jawbreaker. Dave is right that bait has alot of up and down action also. Not quite as erratic as a wabull but according to Scott its designed for cold water fishing. He was saying its best for 60 and colder water temps.
Posted 5/3/2010 5:42 PM (#438899 - in reply to #438807)
Subject: RE: Mr. Automatic Glider

Thanks for the info. I was using a wire leader with a St Croix 6’9 H. If I worked it by cranking a turn on the handle and not the rod then I could work it a little better. I am not use to working a lure this slow. Water temps are 58 by me so it looks like it is the right time to give it a try.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)