Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Shimano - good customer service experience

Message Subject: Shimano - good customer service experience
lambeau
Posted 6/7/2007 6:53 PM (#259925)
Subject: Shimano - good customer service experience

every off-season when people start to get their reels serviced/cleaned/etc., there are a number of discussions here on the site about the customer service provided by the various companies. Shimano is generally praised.

this past december i sent in 3 reels to Shimano: a Calcutta 401TE, and 2 Chronarchs. i got the reels back in a timely fashion, and didn't think twice about them until the season opened up and it was time to start fishing.

unfortunately, my 401TE wasn't working properly. the handle would backspin whenever i put any pressure on it. after breaking it down, the problem was revealed as a corroded/rusty IAR bearing. this is the kind of item that should be discovered and fixed when the reel is serviced!

i just got off the phone with Chris B., a customer service supervisor from Shimano. he was extremely accomodating and apologetic about the quality of the service. to make things right, he is sending me a FedEx shipping label to send the reel back in to Shimano for proper service at no charge, and is also crediting me back the money that i paid to get all 3 reels serviced.

sometimes mistakes happen, and that's what occurred here. what matters to me and makes this a GOOD SERVICE experience is that Chris and Shimano did what it took to make me a satisfied customer who will keep returning to Shimano.
muskie! nut
Posted 6/7/2007 7:02 PM (#259927 - in reply to #259925)
Subject: Re: Shimano - good customer service experience

Lamboo that sounds great. I have also had great experience with Abu service as well whether its parts or reel repair. Hats off to those companies.
jclymer
Posted 6/7/2007 8:01 PM (#259933 - in reply to #259927)

As an engineer, I know things happen when in the manufacturing process, lots of variables... I also know that I am willing to spend more money up front if I know the customer service is good... Shimano has always had good customer service and I can tell you all that I am more than happy to drop the money on a TE because I know that Shimano will take care of me if problems arise.....
ToddM
Posted 6/7/2007 9:13 PM (#259942 - in reply to #259925)
Subject: RE: Shimano - good customer service experience

I just sent my shimano in for service. They contacted me when they got it and when they were shipping it and they fixed it at no cost. Fast turn around too.

I have another reel brand and I like the reel but it needs a levelwind. A call and an e-mail, no response, ordered parts online almost two weeks ago, no parts.
Tiger
Posted 6/8/2007 6:46 AM (#259974 - in reply to #259925)

I have nothing but Good to speak about Shimano,Their customer services has been excellent, as well as their products.
if anyone from Shimano reads this post, Thank you and keep up the great work !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)