Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> They want it, but.....

Message Subject: They want it, but.....
Marc J
Posted 11/10/2006 3:11 PM (#220263)
Subject: They want it, but.....

Had no problem moving fish this week but had a few that came up ready to eat with mouth open and stopped at the last second, barely nipped the bait. Never seen that before. Anyone else had this?

I would have put on a bigger jerk with more action if I had one.
sworrall
Posted 11/11/2006 9:32 AM (#220357 - in reply to #220263)
Subject: RE: They want it, but.....

Lots of times. Sometimes they take on the 8 then, sometimes just take off. One thing, was it sunny and bright at the time?
jlong
Posted 11/11/2006 4:59 PM (#220435 - in reply to #220357)

Happens all the time. Last weekend was no exception. They get all excited in the 8.... nose right up on the bait... then just nip at the thing on the pause. Frustrating when they tease ya like that... but still exciting gettin' up close and personal with them.... even if they don't ever commit. Some would nose up to lure on the pause and just sit there staring at it as long as you'd let them.... or scream the bait into another run hoping to trip their trigger. Sometimes it works.... sometimes it doesn't. But that's why this sport is so fun.

And... its better to at least see 'em and have a chance to try and get 'em to go... than to see nothing at all.
esox50
Posted 11/11/2006 5:39 PM (#220446 - in reply to #220263)

I've seen it before, but my question is, do muskies toy with their "real" food in the water like they do our baits? Any of you sucker guys see muskies toying with your offerings?
CowgirlAddict
Posted 11/11/2006 8:16 PM (#220478 - in reply to #220263)

yes they toyed with my suckers today, dirty muskies!, chased em all around and nothing, but was cool to see it

and Sworrall, yes it was bright and sunny for me when that happened last weekend? what are you thinking?

Edited by CowgirlAddict 11/11/2006 8:16 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)