Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> MMc/SD card for Lowrance lcx 25

Message Subject: MMc/SD card for Lowrance lcx 25
Reef Hawg
Posted 8/29/2006 10:00 AM (#207068)
Subject: MMc/SD card for Lowrance lcx 25

Ok, dumb question here. I have an lcx 25 and need a blank chip for downloading waypoint and icon info to save to a handheld unit. First off, what size chip is a good one to use? I see Radio Shack has 256 mb SD cards for like 7 bones right now. They don't have MMC cards. Are SD and MMC the same type of card? Also, will the icons and waypoints save to this chip or just waypoints? Any quick tips to saving this info? The manual explains it but a shortcut for saving, then installing into the handheld would be very helpful. Thanks!!

Edited by Reef Hawg 8/29/2006 10:01 AM
Got Esox?
Posted 8/29/2006 10:28 AM (#207073 - in reply to #207068)
Subject: RE: MMc/SD card for Lowrance lcx 25

Reef Hawg,
The MMC stands for Micro/Mini memory card, SD is Secure Digital, it can also be interpreted as ScanDisk, a producer of such products. To my knowledge a SD card will be a more surefire option than the MMC. The MMC style (used in cell phones, pda's) takes on a lot of different physical sizes but the SD Versions don't. Scan Disk is what I use, a 256mb=storage for 334ic & 1 Gig for the digital camera. Both are ScanDisk Brand. The 256 is a good deal, but a larger one may be more convenient if they become full of data. Check ebay if you use it, always better deals than what I have found on the shelves @ BestBuy or Radioshack. Ebay is also helpful for educating me on technological products w/ so many different tyles available. Also I heard of a great buy on 2 gig ScanDisk Cards @ Best Buy (w/ rebate). Hope this helps for the lcx 25.

Edited by Got Esox? 8/29/2006 10:29 AM
Got Esox?
Posted 8/29/2006 10:28 AM (#207074 - in reply to #207068)

As far as saving both icons and Waypoints I imagine it should but, take up more memory in doing so thus a larger card may be beneficial.

Edited by Got Esox? 8/29/2006 10:30 AM
Shep
Posted 8/29/2006 10:45 AM (#207077 - in reply to #207074)

Jason,

if you are using it just for waypoints, it will be plenty big. If you are going to be recording sonar with it, then you may want to get a 1 gig SD. I think you get about 1 minute per meg while recording sonar data.
Reef Hawg
Posted 8/29/2006 1:15 PM (#207122 - in reply to #207068)

Hey thanks guys. I just plan to record the icons/waypoints. I might just try to get the bigger one just in case I ever learn how to/feel the need to record sonar tracking though. Just called Radio Shack and they have some cards there. Thanks!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)