Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Mega Down Imaging

Message Subject: Mega Down Imaging
North of 8
Posted 8/27/2019 2:47 PM (#945994)
Subject: Mega Down Imaging

I am going to buy a new trolling motor and am intrigued by the built in Mega DI transducer on some of the Minn Kota motors. Does anyone use the Mega DI? I was thinking it was be very helpful for finding small rock piles, boulders, etc. Or is this just a waste of money? I searched and didn't find anything.
kap
Posted 8/27/2019 4:00 PM (#946001 - in reply to #945994)
Subject: Re: Mega Down Imaging

It is a different view than traditional sonar. It has more "exactness" than tradional sonar. Really helpful in seeing fish and or bait in weeds. And yes rocks look more like rocks. Takes a little learning but compare the two and you will see more definition.
North of 8
Posted 8/27/2019 4:21 PM (#946002 - in reply to #946001)

kap - 8/27/2019 4:00 PM

It is a different view than traditional sonar. It has more "exactness" than tradional sonar. Really helpful in seeing fish and or bait in weeds. And yes rocks look more like rocks. Takes a little learning but compare the two and you will see more definition.

Thanks. I need a newer unit for the bow and if this works better, seems like it would be worth the additional cost.
Muskyhans
Posted 8/27/2019 9:10 PM (#946014 - in reply to #945994)
Subject: RE: Mega Down Imaging

I think I would wait a year. I think they are coming out with the head that has Di and SI next year.
sworrall
Posted 8/27/2019 10:28 PM (#946016 - in reply to #945994)

https://www.minnkotamotors.com/learn/technology/trolling-motors/buil...

'You can’t mark fish if you can’t see fish. And the best view of what’s below comes from Humminbird’s MEGA Imaging™. So get a Humminbird’s eye view with a MEGA Down Imaging or MEGA Side Imaging transducer built right into the lower unit of our most powerful, trusted motors.'
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)