Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Wake Maker?

Message Subject: Wake Maker?
TTS
Posted 1/15/2016 2:50 PM (#799747)
Subject: Wake Maker?

I've seen, on both Keys and Musky Hunter this year, a new top water from Musky Mayhem called the Wake Maker. Haven't found any more information on it yet. Anyone hear anything about it? Tom
lpeitso
Posted 1/15/2016 2:57 PM (#799748 - in reply to #799747)
Subject: Re: Wake Maker?

I asked Musky Mayhem, and they said it is still in Prototype mode, and hoping to have them out early summer.
Propster
Posted 1/15/2016 4:09 PM (#799766 - in reply to #799747)

We used one last year on a couple LOTW trips. This thing works best in fairly calm seas, and on our trips it seems every time we were anticipating a nice calm evening for throwing topwater, a pretty stiff breeze would come up and we switched to other baits. However, on the ouple occasions where conditions were good and we were able to use it, it definitely attracted attention. We didn't catch any but we had several interested, and a couple that tried to eat but seemed like they weren't sure how to go about it. My kid said it's like they were thinking "hey wait a minute, that's not in the Rollie & Helens catalog!" I think this will be a big fish catching bait under the right conditions, it's so different than most surface or slightly subsurface baits out there.
TTS
Posted 1/16/2016 4:25 PM (#799918 - in reply to #799747)

Looking forward to it coming out.
Ray Fuller
Posted 1/16/2016 8:27 PM (#799967 - in reply to #799747)

Just saw it on Keys and it did look very nice !
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)