Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> LOTW - Sabaskong Bay & Area - July '12

Message Subject: LOTW - Sabaskong Bay & Area - July '12
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/26/2012 7:26 PM (#574235 - in reply to #574226)
Subject: RE: LOTW - Sabaskong Bay & Area - July '12

Storm cell through last night with 8/10's of rain. Thunder and lightning as well. More of the same today with a slow moving system that dumped rain and brought temps way down.

Will be interesting to see how the fish respond in the next couple of days. As is often the case, the fish went a little nuts during the storm fronts with multiple boats reporting good action.
Muskyhunter10
Posted 7/27/2012 6:41 PM (#574480 - in reply to #574235)

Heading out at 12 tonight. I'm super pumped!!!
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/28/2012 7:40 AM (#574547 - in reply to #574480)

Pretty decent day for fish activity on Friday. Common thread was had to be rocks involved. Welcomed another first time member of the 50" Club after a big girl hit a double 10. They had raised the fish two times perviously on other baits. Suicks and topwaters also produced some action.

Water temps "down" to 76 mid-day after the air temps cooled off.

Should be another great week of fishing with more excellent anglers on the way to fill the resort again this week.

Sure wish I was fishin!!!
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/30/2012 7:45 AM (#574811 - in reply to #574547)

Quality fish being seen, if not a lot of numbers for some. Overcast periods and low light periods have been noticably more productive for most of our anglers, though fish have been caught here and there during sunny, high skies as well.

Great action Sunday morning the first few hours before the clouds broke up and the heat & humidty jumped with the sunshine. Storm front through last night dropped 7/10" of rain in our gauge overnight and it is a lot cooler today.

Another 50" fish caught yesterday (Sunday), this one on a topraider. The fish hit right at boatside.

It will be interesting to see what anglers find out there the next day or two after all the thunder, lightning and wind that was part of the front. You can't catch a fish sitting in the cabin so get out on the water and find a hungry big girl.

Only two more fishing days in July before August is upon us. Where did May, June and July get to? WOW, time flies.

J-Man

Dave8121
Posted 7/30/2012 8:54 AM (#574817 - in reply to #569233)
Subject: Re: LOTW - Sabaskong Bay & Area - July '12

Thanks for all the postings, I always look forward to hearing what you have to say
jda53
Posted 7/30/2012 6:10 PM (#574893 - in reply to #574817)

Keep the posts coming Justin- I will be up fishing out of Greg Johnson's cabin 8/1 to 8/5 with 5 guys and 2 boats. I stopped in at the end of June for some ice I was with the wife and little ones so fishing was limited to say the least. My wife did stick her first 40-right at 40", but it was pretty exciting. My 5 yr old daughter was in the boat and she was a little leary of swimming in the lake after that fish hit the net. I will be Thur am with a group of guys to buy their licenses, gas up etc. How are the temps and algae??? Any reports of cleaner water- we did best in the Hay island area as that seemed to be cleaner water than Sunset channel area. Moved and caught most fish on black and nickel-was thinking of putting together some bucktails tonight any hot colors and sizes you might reccomend?

Jay
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/30/2012 8:57 PM (#574924 - in reply to #574893)

Thanks Dave & Jay. We have some great guests that are comfortable sharing structure, lures, and other general info that can help others get on fish. Just one of the many reasons we feel like we have the best guests in the business.

Not sure I can say a hot colour yet this year. Seems to change every few days..one of the more common reports is copper blades...but has been different coloured skirts. Double 8s, 9s, 10s have all been productive this year, but more so the 9s and 10s, but I firmly believe that it's mostly just more people throwing the larger lures so keep that in mind. I like the double 8 northland boobie trap as my go-to lure to start fishing and save bigger stuff for times/places where fish are really going. Just my method, which has not been tested this year. LOL

Water temps were 76/77 this afternoon from one report. Algae has not been too bad. Water has been pretty clean without much wind and run-off without rain. Noticably stirred up a bit today after wind and rain last night though so have to expect it to dirty up a bit.
MuskieJim
Posted 7/30/2012 9:50 PM (#574931 - in reply to #569233)

Esoxunplugged that video is sick man!
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/31/2012 2:09 PM (#575067 - in reply to #569233)

July is going out with a bang.

Last night a personal best 48.5" on a shoreline rock complex with a double 8 black/orange northland boobie trap. There is a reason i have a few on the office wall for sale.

Morning session today gave up a personal best 51" on a suick in the weeds. Yup, a weed fish.

Patterns? hmmmmm...back to the drawing board. fish good looking stuff.

J-Man

Edited by MyliesPlace(Justin) 7/31/2012 2:18 PM
bshep
Posted 7/31/2012 2:25 PM (#575071 - in reply to #575067)

every spot is a good looking spot, justin! lol. the big fish are eating thats for sure.
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 7/31/2012 4:56 PM (#575117 - in reply to #575071)

bshep - 7/31/2012 2:25 PM

every spot is a good looking spot, justin! lol. the big fish are eating thats for sure.

Tell me about it. Sometimes I think it is more amazing when we catch 1 than we catch 5-6+ in a day with all the great looking places for them to hang out.
MyliesPlace(Justin)
Posted 8/1/2012 4:07 PM (#575395 - in reply to #575117)

Great end to the month with a 51", 47" and 48" caught on July 31.

Thank you all very much for reading and contributing to this thread.

See you over on the August reports.

J-Man

Edited by MyliesPlace(Justin) 8/1/2012 4:08 PM
Muskyhunter10
Posted 8/1/2012 7:14 PM (#575449 - in reply to #569233)

I just got back I caught a 25" and a fat 45" last night on my last cast of the trip. Both on a double baby girl chartruese colored.
uggbooats
Posted 11/12/2012 5:22 AM (#597382 - in reply to #573276)
Subject: Cheap ugg boots simulation birkin

good post .i like this website
Blogs links: welcome to my website.
<a href="http://www.cheapcozybootsonline.com">cheap kids ugg boots</a>
<a href=http://www.cheapcozybootsonline.com>discount ugg boots</a>
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)