Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> squirkos

Message Subject: squirkos
musky2424
Posted 7/17/2014 6:01 PM (#721158)
Subject: squirkos

does anyone used squirkos with fluorocarbon leaders? And how do they work?
chadw18
Posted 7/17/2014 6:09 PM (#721159 - in reply to #721158)
Subject: RE: squirkos

I have before, the regular and xl it wasnt too hard to get them to run right. However it's a lot easier with a medium solid Jerkbait leader. For the babys it was a lot harder to get them to consistently run well. Get a stealth spring leader for them. The action with that leader is awesome! A solid normal sized Jerkbait leader will work with the babys but it's not the action the spring leader gets! I hope this helps.
muskihntr
Posted 7/18/2014 9:10 AM (#721233 - in reply to #721158)
Subject: Re: squirkos

Bill from Monster Lures tested alot of variations of leaders for the Squirkos and Jerkos. Other styles of leaders will work ok but you will probably get the best action out of those lures with this leader listed here.
http://monsterlures.net/index.php?categoryID=13
Boots Electric
Posted 7/18/2014 9:22 AM (#721236 - in reply to #721158)
Subject: RE: squirkos

In addition to the leaders John mentions above, My rule of thumb as I've explained to Bill, is I match the squirko length with a solid steel leader the same length. Go to baits for sure. They all work a bit differently. If you have one that likes to ride up high and want to get it down, give a sharp 2' pull instead of a snap, once in awhile to get a little dive/dart, then resume your normal cadence.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)