Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Okuma Cold Water Series Linecounters?

Message Subject: Okuma Cold Water Series Linecounters?
thrax_johnson
Posted 7/25/2013 7:57 PM (#653632)
Subject: Okuma Cold Water Series Linecounters?

Looks like a beefed up Convector? Anybody have any of these or tried them? Guess I'm going to find out as I have one shipping out to me but would like to hear about experiences with them if anybody has any...
Sparkyclarke
Posted 7/26/2013 8:45 AM (#653702 - in reply to #653632)
Subject: RE: Okuma Cold Water Series Linecounters?

I have two of the Cold Water Series Linecounters, a 203DLX and 303DLX. I like them a lot better than my Convector 30DLX's.

First off, both of the Cold Water Series LC's seem a lot smoother on the retrieve. The 203DLX has two muskies and bout 10 Pike on it. It has handled them well. I have had quality control issues with my Convectors. Two had bad line counters, one had a drag that went out. I still have a problem with a fourth one where it has a very irregular retireve under crankbait load...not smooth at all, it's been sent in once for warrenty repair and it still is acting up.

I stuck with Okuma, because I like Left Handed reels, and they appear to be the only ones who make a LC in lefthand. At this point, I am convinced for the money the Cold Water Series is better, and worth the extra. I will be buying a few more.

Greg

Pikiespawn
Posted 7/26/2013 9:12 AM (#653704 - in reply to #653702)
Subject: RE: Okuma Cold Water Series Linecounters?

Capt Bigfish says goooooooooo Catalina.......... and i did. Monsta power
Boss
Posted 7/26/2013 11:53 AM (#653738 - in reply to #653632)
Subject: Re: Okuma Cold Water Series Linecounters?

im using a 203DLX and love it so far. handles all my big baits with ease.

caught a nice 43" on it the other day
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)