Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Two Questions

Message Subject: Two Questions
jim lock
Posted 6/6/2013 1:08 PM (#645200)
Subject: Two Questions

!) When using a large tandem spinnerbait (safety pin style). What type of leader do I use-- Swivel, Snap, Or tie direct?

2)When using a jerk bait. What type of leader is best? Single strand wire, multi-strand, flourocarbon. Swivels, snaps etc.

Thanks in advance
Jim
FAT-SKI
Posted 6/6/2013 1:15 PM (#645201 - in reply to #645200)
Subject: RE: Two Questions

for spinners I use a fluro leader with a swivel, and for jerk baits I use a straight wire leader with no swivel for better action. You can also attach a a split ring to the nose of the jerk bait as well... Depneding on bait of course. ut I do for most of my jerk baits.
muskie! nut
Posted 6/6/2013 2:32 PM (#645220 - in reply to #645200)
Subject: RE: Two Questions

jim lock - 6/6/2013 1:08 PM

!) When using a large tandem spinnerbait (safety pin style). What type of leader do I use-- Swivel, Snap, Or tie direct?

2)When using a jerk bait. What type of leader is best?

1) Yes, to a swivel whether using fluoro or multi-stand. When using multi-strand I have only found 1 leader that can take the abuses of the leader getting wrapped around the spinnerbait arm and that is Leader and Lures leaders.

2) No to snaps and swivels. Just a single strand wire with loops at both ends (maybe a solid ring on one end) and attached the bait via split ring. Always leave the split ring on the nose of the bait. If you start taking on and off the split ring off the bait it will fatigue and fail. The only time I will use a swivel for a jerk bait is when the bait rolls over and one bait that does for me is a Amma Bamma. You can tell when you line start twisting.
jim lock
Posted 6/6/2013 4:40 PM (#645248 - in reply to #645200)
Subject: Re: Two Questions

Sorry to bother --I'll do a search from now .
Jim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)