Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Weird weather pattern

Message Subject: Weird weather pattern
Cpain
Posted 11/7/2012 12:59 PM (#596556)
Subject: Weird weather pattern

Alright I have been paying attention to the forecast in spirit lake for next weekend. I am planning to go fishing in spirit lake on Saturday as I always do. I noticed that during the week it's pretty steady with moderate wind from the south as well as sunny skies and highs in the 50s all week. However on Saturday it says that the high is 69! With scattered thunders storms and high wind from the south around 25mph. However it says that in the evening time it will get very cold, in the 20s. Then Sunday has a high in the 30s. A change from nearly 70 to 30! This obviously looks like a major front and I was just wondering what the best times to fish would be over the last few days and how this weather pattern will overall affect the fish. I just want to hear what everyone's thoughts are about this. thanks!
missourimuskyhunter
Posted 11/7/2012 1:23 PM (#596574 - in reply to #596556)
Subject: RE: Weird weather pattern

If I remember....Spirit Lake may be dangerous with that high wind..?? Also,The morning after the system moves through would be decent,but the 2nd day after is normally slow for fishing with high pressure set in.
Posted 11/7/2012 4:58 PM (#596636 - in reply to #596556)

Fish it into the dark for a few hours on either Fri night, or Sat night. Fri night would be better. The big girls will come out and play at night with this pattern. Not really familiar with Spirit lake, but if it's a good sized lake, hopefully the warming trend won't warm the water too much and turn the fish off. If the water warms too quickly, it can be tough.
muskydeceiver
Posted 11/7/2012 6:52 PM (#596674 - in reply to #596574)

missourimuskyhunter - 11/7/2012 1:23 PM

If I remember....Spirit Lake may be dangerous with that high wind..?? Also,The morning after the system moves through would be decent,but the 2nd day after is normally slow for fishing with high pressure set in.

Nah, its only dangerous if you are on Spirit and your storm chasing buddy from Missouri is about 10 miles away videoing a tornado and he doesnt call you.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)