Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Toro 60 HS vs Curado 300 EJ

Message Subject: Toro 60 HS vs Curado 300 EJ
Hunter 77
Posted 8/16/2011 2:22 PM (#512104)
Subject: Toro 60 HS vs Curado 300 EJ

Are both good reels or does one have the edge on the other. What or your likes an dislikes. Thinking of buying a new high speed reel.
Mojo1269
Posted 8/16/2011 2:47 PM (#512105 - in reply to #512104)
Subject: Re: Toro 60 HS vs Curado 300 EJ

Thye both are good reels. Its a total Ford VS Chevy thing. IF you search around this has been posed before and the Shimnao people (of which I am one) support the EJ and the Abu people support the Toro. I can tell you the EJ is great for small bucktails, cranks, top water (WTD and Prop), gliders and dive and rise jerk baits amongst other things. Its not a suitable option for big blades or rubber but I love it for the afore mentioned applications.
MuskieSwede
Posted 8/16/2011 3:32 PM (#512117 - in reply to #512104)

I would get the Toro 50 HS, unless youre running 80lb the 60 is too big, and i dont think you will run 80lb on the Curado anyway.
I like the Toro because of the syncronized levelwind, for really light stuff (-2 oz) i would get Curado, for 3 oz + get the Toro.

But as Mojo said, we all preffer different things, i have used both and prefer Toro.
muskyhunter24
Posted 8/16/2011 5:40 PM (#512140 - in reply to #512104)

Both are good reels, however IMO they are really hard to directly compare. For instance the EJ won't be good for double 10's at any speed where as the Toro HS could be used for double 10's assuming your not burning them or going anything over middle of the road speed. You could potentially use the Toro HS for almost any bait including rubber. The EJ could be used for everything except double 10's, rubber and really big crank baits, although I haven't tried any big crank baits yet with mine. The EJ has a 6:9:1 and the Toro HS has a 6:4:1. I have an EJ and my fishing buddy has a Toro 60 HS. I am not a Shimano or Abu guy, as I own Toro's, Curado's and TE's. Each reel has its purpose and depending on what you want to predominantly use it for should determine which reel you get.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)