Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Spinncast Musky

Message Subject: Spinncast Musky
MRichardson
Posted 6/10/2011 4:50 PM (#502269)
Subject: Spinncast Musky

Hi all, well I’m finally going to take my mom musky fishing over the 4th.  I’m a bit nervous of showing her a good time and I’m thinking a spincast reel may work best for her.  Does anybody have and experience/recommendations  for a good spincast reel for muskies?

Thanks much

ToddM
Posted 6/10/2011 10:38 PM (#502301 - in reply to #502269)
Subject: Re: Spinncast Musky

Get the diawa, the high end zebco omega or the rhino reel. You can put superlin on them too but I would not throw big baits with them. The big zebco reels do not have a high enough gear ratio for lures.
Jsondag
Posted 6/11/2011 7:10 AM (#502331 - in reply to #502269)

The offshore Daiwas and the Penns can handle bigger lures. I just got a big Daiwa Saltist 6500 for trying some different techniques for muskies. Make sure it is matched with a good stout rod though - The St. Croix Legend Salt is what I have it paired with, but the Premier series has a pretty big Spinning rod as well. One cool thing about the big spins is that with a lot of them, you can burn quite a bit faster than with baitcasters. Good luck!
muskie! nut
Posted 6/11/2011 11:04 AM (#502349 - in reply to #502331)

Hey Jsondag, the guy was asking about spincast not spinning. But good advice for spinning outfits. Personally, I would teach her to use a baitcaster. It isn't that hard to do.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)