Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Rubber in Planos

Message Subject: Rubber in Planos
Esoxonthefly421
Posted 3/24/2011 5:14 PM (#488709)
Subject: Rubber in Planos

What's the general rule of thumb when packing Dawgs, Suzys and Super D's in Plano boxes? How big of a concern is colors bleeding when stored out of the sun/heat? Planos with dividers or without? I know with Suzys there's an issue with the rubber melting plastic so how do you solve that problem. I have a small boat so storage is an issue but the Plano box seems to be the best answer.
JimtenHaaf
Posted 3/24/2011 5:20 PM (#488711 - in reply to #488709)
Subject: RE: Rubber in Planos

Esoxonthefly421 - 3/24/2011 6:14 PM

What's the general rule of thumb when packing Dawgs, Suzys and Super D's in Plano boxes? How big of a concern is colors bleeding when stored out of the sun/heat? Planos with dividers or without? I know with Suzys there's an issue with the rubber melting plastic so how do you solve that problem. I have a small boat so storage is an issue but the Plano box seems to be the best answer.

JT, I use the 3730's for all my Dawgs. (That is the one with the dividers, right? ) I put 8 MagDawgs per box. The Pounders are too big to comfortably fit into each slot, so I use the 3700. You can fit 5 nicely. I've tried to use the 3700 for Mags, but it just gets too sloppy. I've stored Super D's with my Dawgs and have had minimal bleeding. The Suzy's problem was awhile ago when they used Formula X I believe. That is no longer being used.
jasonvkop
Posted 3/25/2011 8:02 PM (#488948 - in reply to #488709)
Subject: Re: Rubber in Planos

+1 on what Jim said. You shouldn't have to worry too much about bleeding or melting, but still try to store dawgs with dawgs, SuperDs with SuperDs, and Suzys with Suzys just to be safe.
Esoxonthefly421
Posted 3/25/2011 8:17 PM (#488952 - in reply to #488709)
Subject: Re: Rubber in Planos

Yeah I bought a couple 3730's today and they do fit Mag Dawgs pretty well. Unfortunately the twin tail Dawgs I won at the banquet only fit one to a spot. I did drill vent holes in the boxes to keep moisture down which I thought was a good idea.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)