Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Batteries

Reply New post
Message Subject: Batteries
Muddy41
Posted 3/12/2011 4:06 PM (#486670)
Subject: Batteries

Mooma just gotta nice bonus and is giving me some extra cash to get new trolling batteries, but now I need to g=figure out what to get.

I would like to get some ideas on what you would recommend. below is what I have for a boat and trolling motor. Along with musky fishing I also do alot o bass fishing so the trolling gets a work out every time it is on the water.

I am ususally on the water from sun up until sun down and more than likely longer. The current batteries do not make it any more on those hours!!!

I have a Maxium 101 36V trolling motor that is pushing a 20' Crestliner Mirage boat. Fishing in it is usually my fat but as well as my wife and my 3 daughters. IF they are not with me then I am on my own.

I am looking at getting the 6 pack series and see they have a couple different types.

There was a old timer the other day when I was at Gander that was telling me that he has been using the standard deep cycle Interstate batteries for years and can get 4-5 years out of his batteries with no issues at all and he says he is only paying something like $90 a piece. Not sure but that is what he says.

Anyways I would like to here from you all on what ever you would recommend wether it is a $250 battery or a $90 and why. I know when I am on the water I am on it for at least 10-12 hours min and I need to have good power left in the batteries so that if I decide to night fish I can without losing battery power.

I am not into trolling for any fish at all. That could change this year as I get into musky fishing more. But in my 40 years or more of fishing I have never trolled as of yet. But I am never too old to learn a new trick.

So please be so kind as to give me recommendations soon so I can get out to get these batteries soon. Hopefuuly if all turns out well we will be making a trip to Chamberlain SD in April for some walleye action. We are getting calls from out there to get come out and have some fun catching some eyes!!!

Appreciate all the help you guys can give me

Thanks
Mike
shaley
Posted 3/12/2011 4:28 PM (#486675 - in reply to #486670)
Subject: RE: Batteries

I'm a big fan of Interstates, dealers are everywhere and easy to get. I run 29 series and have no problems getting a couple days on them if needed in my 17' glass rig with a 80# motor. Good onboard charging systems worth every penny to keep them carged and maintained when not on the water. Cost on the 29's are around $107-$120 for me. I have owned about all the brands except for Optimas or any of the AGM styles but cat justify the added price to go up to them. Normaly get 3-5 years out of a set with heavy use, my rig see's water about 120 days a season.
warrens
Posted 3/12/2011 5:40 PM (#486681 - in reply to #486670)
Subject: RE: Batteries

Did you try the search button?
Type in battery and you will get opinions from A to Z
Good luck!
MikeHulbert
Posted 3/12/2011 8:26 PM (#486703 - in reply to #486670)
Subject: Re: Batteries

31 series Trojan AGM batteries, best I have ever used. I have the 31 series Optima's now (blue top) and they are not as good as the Trojans were.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)