Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I hate people" Slamr
- (Added by: tomyv)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> How many woodcarve and paint/clear in same area

Message Subject: How many woodcarve and paint/clear in same area
muskyslayer96
Posted 7/28/2010 6:56 PM (#452271)
Subject: How many woodcarve and paint/clear in same area

Just trying to get a feel for how many have the luxury of keeping the building and finishing separate as I plan out the shop addition?

Thanks,

MS
wolftackle84
Posted 7/28/2010 7:26 PM (#452276 - in reply to #452271)
Subject: RE: How many woodcarve and paint/clear in same area

i do all my woodwork in the garage and paint in the basement to prevent dust from getting in the paint. plus cooler air works great for clearing lures...well worth it if you can

tight lines

[email protected]
h2os2t
Posted 7/29/2010 7:23 AM (#452323 - in reply to #452271)

I would try to keep painting and clearing separate from wood working if you can. I do not so I try not to wood work the same day as clearing, I do have a curtain over the rotating rack (it is under my paint booth) that I pull down if necessary. You should plan for ventilation when clearing (assuming you vent for painting)as the clears should be vented also. Some clears are worse than others but it is mostly a long term thing. I do not have a problem with the heat for the most part but the air should be kept dry for painting and clearing. I bought a cheap window A/C and use that in the summer to dry the air (especially this year).

I have an addition to my attached garage that is walled off the main one that I have a fan that pushes air from the main one in along with the one over the paint booth pushing it out. The main garage is insulated but not heated so the air stays around 40 in the winter so the heater in the work shop doesn't work to hard to keep up when I run both. In summer the small A/C unit gets run only when painting or clearing on humid days.
Kingfisher
Posted 7/29/2010 9:44 AM (#452342 - in reply to #452271)

My new shop is pretty roomy. I have three rooms out of four in a 30 by 40 building . My wood shop is 15 by 30 and will have dust collection system installed next spring. My other two rooms are the paint and clear coat room and the assembly/ show room. I have a small 24 inch square door where I pass pails of lures through the wall from the wood shop to the paint room. We do all of the dipping and first sealing in the wood shop. All sanding is done there as well. We use a small window air conditioner in the paint room to keep humidity and temps down. Works great. Mike
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)