Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Installing Sonar Units

Reply New post
Message Subject: Installing Sonar Units
asingua
Posted 1/13/2009 12:14 PM (#354752)
Subject: Installing Sonar Units

Being a novice when it comes to my boat, I recently purchased a Sonar Unit for the bow of my boat. How much of a big deal is it to install? I'm fairly handy with tools, but never tackled anything like this before. There is another sonar unit there now, and that's the one I want to replace with my new Unit. The trasnducer would be mounted on the trolling motor? Any and all help or advice would be appreciated!
Thanks
stacker
Posted 1/13/2009 1:04 PM (#354762 - in reply to #354752)
Subject: RE: Installing Sonar Units

Should be quite simple. Use the same power connections for the new one as the old had. Use the same routing path for the transducer as the old one had. Then mount the unit using the same holes as the old one had. You may need to make a slight change regarding hole placemnent or zip tie spots, but the pattern is allready there.
gopackgo
Posted 1/13/2009 1:19 PM (#354769 - in reply to #354752)
Subject: Re: Installing Sonar Units

I am a COMPLETE idiot when it comes to electronics, but have never had a problem installing sonars/gps unit whatsoever!
JohnnyC
Posted 1/14/2009 1:44 PM (#355013 - in reply to #354752)
Subject: RE: Installing Sonar Units

Do you have another sonar on the boat or will this be your primary sonar? If primary you may want to consider mounting the transducer on the transom unless the trolling motor will be in the water all the time. Also, the old wiring, connectors, transducer from the old sonar may not be compatible with the new one depending on the brand. You may want to fork over $60-120 to a marine shop to install it the right way if you're lacking confidence. You want it to work the first time you hit the water!!!
Good Luck
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)