Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: What the F%&$?! Holy %^$*!! Son of a *$*%!! - Samantha, after hooking her first muskie
- (Added by: esoxaddict)

Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Basement Baits and Custom Lure Painting -> 10 inch Shad Crank

Message Subject: 10 inch Shad Crank
PamuskEhunt
Posted 7/11/2008 6:54 AM (#325982)
Subject: 10 inch Shad Crank

This is my first attempt at foiling a bait, my biggest bait so far-9 1/2" w/o lip, and not really "foil" persay but a piece of clear pearl plastic sheeting over some thin scaling material. I also sprayed this one with the white/lt.blue/silver/dk.gray/dk.blue scales that I did the other few in. I think this type of paint pattern is really going to be effective, because it shows the different dimensions of the fish's color. Regular paint seems almost one dimensional, most of the flash coming from movement. This lure flashes when you look at it from different angles, let alone when you actually run it and it wobbles. I talk to alot of guys who makes baits and they say you need an airbrush and I agree, but these are pretty unique IMO.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(shad.jpg)

(shad_1.jpg)

(shad_2.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments shad.jpg (21KB - 108 downloads)
Attachments shad_1.jpg (21KB - 100 downloads)
Attachments shad_2.jpg (22KB - 100 downloads)
jerkin
Posted 7/11/2008 9:06 AM (#326004 - in reply to #325982)
Subject: Re: 10 inch Shad Crank

Evan, that is one nice looking bait, hard to believe that you did it with rattle cans. How did you secure the line tie, wire through or coil it and epoxy it in? If you make any more do an extra and I'll trade you for one of my jerk baits.
Tackle Industries
Posted 7/11/2008 9:37 AM (#326011 - in reply to #325982)
Subject: RE: 10 inch Shad Crank

Looks sweet PamuskEhunt! How does she run?
PamuskEhunt
Posted 7/11/2008 12:20 PM (#326046 - in reply to #325982)
Subject: RE: 10 inch Shad Crank

I haven't had a chance to run her through the gauntlet yet, but testing in my mom's pond in the backyard it looked pretty good. No hooks allowed though cause of her "trophy sized koi might decide they were part musky in a past life" So that'll have to wait till this weekend, but I will keep you guys up to date. Thanks for the offer Scott, I'd really like to pull that trade with you here! I'll keep that in mind when I start cuttin more blanks out. Evan
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)