Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Computer scouting - great site to check land/water

Message Subject: Computer scouting - great site to check land/water
Mikes Extreme
Posted 6/9/2007 3:12 PM (#260146)
Subject: Computer scouting - great site to check land/water

I have been looking for some land and I use this site to check out possible areas that are for sale from my computer. I also have checked out a number of lakes and find it very helpfull finding weedlines. The turns, points and even open areas show up nicely.

I think some of you might find this very helpfull and interesting. Not this will replace scouting but it will give you a head start as to what your looking for.

Very cool site. http://maps.live.com/

You can even see the cars in your driveway and boats on the lake. Check it out.

Mikes Extreme
Posted 6/9/2007 3:24 PM (#260147 - in reply to #260146)
Subject: RE: Computer scouting - great site to check land/water

I should add a few pointers so it's easy to get around.

First click and hold your mouse on the area close to where your looking to check out, now move it to the center of the page. Now scroll in until you can reposition your target again the same way. You can go all the way in until the picture will not show up. Now back out one click on the tool bar or mouse scroll.

I can't believe how new some of the images are. My daughters car is only two months old and I can see it in my driveway.

Great tool for deer hunters but it can show some great structure in the lakes also. I would bet the metro areas will have the most uptated pics but they are still usefull if your looking for underwater bars that are shallow. Points and turns show up great on some lakes. Heck it's better than a map because the weedlines are so visual on some lakes.
stdevos
Posted 6/9/2007 4:57 PM (#260152 - in reply to #260146)
Subject: Re: Computer scouting - great site to check land/water

It always amazes me how the sewer and the Madison Lakes are the same color... yuck.

Great link though. I've figured out how some rock bars (that I've hit) are actually situated.

Thanks!

Edited by stdevos 6/9/2007 5:05 PM
C.Painter
Posted 6/9/2007 5:01 PM (#260153 - in reply to #260147)
Subject: RE: Computer scouting - great site to check land/water

WOW...that is the best one I have seen so far for mapping! I checked out some of my grouse spots up north as well as some weedlines

Thanks Mike!

Cory
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)