Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> April Showers

Message Subject: April Showers
Mauser
Posted 4/15/2007 5:05 PM (#250868)
Subject: April Showers

3 days ago , I was catching trout under the bridge in-front of my house.
Today, the water's in the road 60' from where I was standing while catching trout.
Water was just getting to where you could fish in fairly clear water, it will be about 10 days before that will happen again, probably up 8' right now and still raining.
How is it in your area?
Mother Nature is cruel at this time of the year, just terrible weather.

Mauser
sworrall
Posted 4/15/2007 5:48 PM (#250874 - in reply to #250868)
Subject: RE: April Showers

Just returned from the Detroit River FLW Walleye Tour, an the weather was absolutely awful. Looks good the rest of the week of course, the event is over.
BenR
Posted 4/15/2007 6:42 PM (#250882 - in reply to #250874)

We have received over 5 inches of rain today here in NYC...kinda crazy...just glad it is not snow...that would be a ton of snow...
mikie
Posted 4/16/2007 6:33 AM (#250937 - in reply to #250868)

Well, at tleast the fish seem to like it. Crazy action at Cave Run. Here's a report from a buddy from this weekend, fishing with Scott Salachi:

Scott and I fished about 3 hrs Friday night and didn't see anything. Then on Sat. It rained constantly all morning, varying in intensity, then off and on that after. We weren't on the water 15 minutes til Scott raised on over 40 and about 20 minutes later I caught a 40 on a Hawg Teaser. Fightin' fish I've ever hooked. Like to never got her in where Scott could net her. Had all 3 sets of hooks in her. So Scott just cut them all. I like to never got her out of the net, she was fighting even then. When I get the pic on her, I'll forward it to ya. Then later that day I raised another one about the same size and Scott raised one in the mid to upper 40s in Leatherwood. We slept in this morning and finally got on the lake about 10, but it was so cold, windy and rained that we just about froze. So we decided to hang it up and just fish later in May! Gregg got a 39 on Sat and heard that Tanner got a 30 both on Traps. The lake came up 3 ft yesterday and last night, what a mess. We're sure hoping for better weather in May.

m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)