Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Im never drinking again" -countless liars across the world
- (Added by: Muskiecut)

Moderators: sworrall, Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

More Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Club Information and Announcements -> Bartlett Kids fishing derby sat aug 19

Message Subject: Bartlett Kids fishing derby sat aug 19
ToddM
Posted 8/15/2006 9:33 PM (#205153)
Subject: Bartlett Kids fishing derby sat aug 19

The Bartlett Park District and Fox River Valley Muskies inc is holding an open to the public kids fishing derby at beaver pond in barltett.

Date(s)
8/19/2006

Time(s)
8:15:00 AM - 11:00:00 AM

Description
Ages 15 and under are invited to this catch and release derby. Prizes are awarded to largest fish in each category and age division. A pre-derby clinic is held at 8am. Parents must register their children on-site prior to fishing. Fishing begins at 9am and ends at 11am. Registration is on-site beginning at 8am.

Tons of prizes!

Here is a map to the location:
http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?addr=Fairview+rd&csz=bartlett...
Crash_McGolden
Posted 8/21/2006 8:55 AM (#205868 - in reply to #205153)
Subject: RE: Bartlett Kids fishing derby sat aug 19

Andrew and I have now volunteered for this event three years in a row, and anyone in the area should think about either helping out next year or taking your kids. It seriously is a blast every year. It's a very well-run event, and the kids are just a riot to watch and help. We have seen the same kids several years in a row: the first year, they're wildly trying to cast; the second year there is much improvement; and so on. It's really cool to be able to see how much some of these kids have grown and improved. And of course, the excitement on their faces when they catch a fish--any size fish--is really cool.

Crash McG
Magruter
Posted 8/21/2006 11:07 AM (#205889 - in reply to #205153)

I grew up fishing that and sunrise park. There are some big bass in beaver. If i lived and the area and well had a kid, i would go. Oh well something to look forward too..
ToddM
Posted 8/27/2006 2:19 PM (#206790 - in reply to #205153)

Crash, thanks to you and andrew for helping out again. This is such a fun event. I could not make it this year, had a planned vacation but i really missed being a part of it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)