Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> fishing line advice

Message Subject: fishing line advice
gear jammer
Posted 3/5/2005 8:22 AM (#137720)
Subject: fishing line advice

I just picked up some spin casting real/rod combos for people that dont have experiance with bait casters. What im wondering is should I put on mono, or should I use something like Power Pro. Will Power Pro work well on spin casting equipment.
Thanks Jim
chico
Posted 3/5/2005 8:30 AM (#137722 - in reply to #137720)
Subject: RE: fishing line advice

Braids work fine, much better than mono. All mono has "memory" that makes it coil off the spool, braid even in the thicker diameters is better than mono. Unless fishing really snaggy areas where very high abrasion resistance is needed I can't see that mono has a place on anybody's reels anymore either baicast or spincast.
Dacron+Dip
Posted 3/5/2005 11:10 AM (#137738 - in reply to #137720)

10# Berkley Fireline. New fishermen won't break off when they try to reel the fish up thru the tip-top, either
rpieske
Posted 3/7/2005 8:57 AM (#137889 - in reply to #137720)

I fish saltwater regularly and use PowerPro 20 lb. test on my spinning rigs. I LOVE that combination. You can really feel the bite and the bottom. I connect a mono or fluorocarbon leader to the PowerPro with a Uni to Uni knot and then the lure or bait. You will like that combination.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)