Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Spectron sold in bulk???

Message Subject: Spectron sold in bulk???
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 1/2/2005 10:44 PM (#130209)
Subject: Spectron sold in bulk???

Does anyone know where I can find 1000+ yard spool of 80#Spectron line? I have searched for some time w/o any luck.
Thanks,
Karl
KARLOUTDOORS
Posted 1/3/2005 1:31 AM (#130219 - in reply to #130209)
Subject: RE: Spectron sold in bulk???

I am also looking for diameters of the #50 & #80 Spectron. Aaaaaaand wanted to know what the difference is between spectron and micron. I know the micron only goes up to #40 but other than that, whats the difference? The cortland web site doesnt offer any of this as far as I can see.
The Muskie Nut
Posted 1/3/2005 6:44 AM (#130221 - in reply to #130209)

I think micron is a dacron and spectron is a super braid. I'm not sure but it seems that I was using micron way before the super braids came out. Even got a bulk spool of it from Rollie & Helen's in 45# test once. If not availible from store you could maybe try Cortland direct? I do remember ordering greenspot from them a long time ago. It's not cheaper than if you can get it from a store. - Gerard
RAZE1
Posted 1/3/2005 6:59 AM (#130222 - in reply to #130209)

CORTLAND Green Braided Fishing Line 1200 Yds 80 pd NEW Item number: 7122825454

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=62154&item=7...

Price: US $84.99

Item location: New York, New York
United States

Ships to: Worldwide
Shipping costs: US $10.00 - UPS Ground (within United States)
Shipping, payment details and return policy

Seller information
rammrods30 ( 1357)
Feedback Score: 1357
Positive Feedback: 99.9%
Member since Jul-05-03 in United States

Read feedback comments
Add to Favorite Sellers
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items
Visit this seller's eBay Store!
Ramm Rods

PayPal Buyer Protection
Free Coverage now up to $1,000. See eligibility.

Description

Payment | Checkout

CORTLAND Green Braided Fishing Line 1200 Yds 80 pd NEW

THIS IS A BRAND NEW SPOOL OF CORTLAND SPECTRON SUPER BRAIDED FISHING LINE IN 80 POUND TEST TOTAL 1200 YARDS WITH EQ TO 18 POUND REGULAR MONOFILAMENT FISHING LINE

COLOR -GREEN

Ray Smith founded the Cortland Line Company in the summer of 1915. Ray, an expert in braiding technology, designed and produced a unique selection of braided silk fishing lines that soon made Cortland Line Company one of the major players in the fishing line business.

During World War II, the production of parachute and bomb cord became first priority. Cortland Line developed many advanced manufacturing methods and technologies to help the war effort. Following the war Cortland Line Company used this new technology to introduce braided fishing lines that are still the benchmark for quality in the world.

Cortland Line Company continues to employ state of the art advanced braiding technology to produce the finest most sophisticated lines for the serious angler along with trusted products for the medical, aerospace and national defense industries.

Why are Cortland Line’s American-made braids the best?

To answer this question let’s take a look at how braids are made and how the braiding technicians at Cortland Line Company use nearly a century of braiding experience to craft the finest lines available:

To build the best lines you must start with the best components. We choose only the finest UV resistant, high tenacity Dacron (so strong it’s used for belting auto tires), premium Nylon, select denier Spectra fibers and a variety of materials specifically chosen for traits that make them the best for each application.
Raw fibers are loaded on to "bobbins" then installed four to sixteen at a time on to our Patented Precision Braiders. Each braider is set to the ideal speed by our technicians. Our braiders are run slowly in order to lay down and lock in the fibers. This process takes longer and is more costly but creates a braid that it is more uniform and as a result stronger, rounder and tighter.
Critical to successful braiding is maintaining the optimum number of "picks" per inch (ppi). The term pick describes where one fiber crosses another in the braiding process. Too many picks and the line will break easily on impact, too few and the braid becomes loose, stretchy and weak. Each type of line, each material and each individual application that the line is to be used for will require an appropriate number of picks per inch to perform correctly.
The proper material, the number of strands, the correct tension and the number of picks per inch must be calculated for each type of braid. The ideal balance of properties makes the perfect braid. This translates into better performance and greatly reduced break-offs on the cast.
After being constructed the raw braid is taken from the braiders and put into skeins or spooled on mill spools. Selected braid is then thermal set for controlled elongation, locking in the optimum amount of stretch for the material and its final use.
Individual types of braid are specially treated with our environmentally responsible proprietary coatings and dyes. Some are waterproofed to shed water, reducing line weight and helping to keep hands dry in cold weather. Anti-rot agents and other specialized treatments are applied at this time to achieve the desired results.
Colored lines are treated in our state of the art high pressure dying bath. Pressure in the bath opens the tiny pours in the braid allowing the colored material to flow deep inside creating finishes that are color fast and bright.
Finished lines are then inspected and hand spooled by our employee-owners to assure that only the finest lines are given the Cortland label.
GREAT FOR BIG GAME TUNA SHARK TROLLING OUTFITS WORKS ON ALL PENN REELS SHIMANO REELS OKUMA REELS AND WILLL NOT CUTT FISHING ROD GUIDES ASWELL

COMPARE TO POWER PRO BRAIDED FISHING LINE AND SAVE!!!!

FOR MORE INFO ABOUT CORTLAND LINE COMPANY PLEASE VISIT THERE SITE http://www.cortlandline.com/braid-intro.html

E BAY STORE:

http://stores.ebay.com/Ramm-Rods

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)