Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Dinorwic/Wabigoon

Message Subject: Dinorwic/Wabigoon
Pete H
Posted 7/31/2024 10:06 AM (#1030043)
Subject: Dinorwic/Wabigoon

I am heading up to Dinorwic in 2 weeks. From what I hear and gather, people prefer to head into Wabigoon. Is the musky density lower on Dinorwic? Or do people like the way Wabigoon lays out compared to Dinorwic? Is the water a lot less stained compared to Wabigoon? Thanks
dmuskie
Posted 8/1/2024 3:33 PM (#1030057 - in reply to #1030043)
Subject: RE: Dinorwic/Wabigoon

Dinorwic gets hit harder by the walleye guys and has less stain. I would say spend your time in the sun and heat on wabigoon as it is deeper and less clear, if you get some nasty days dinorwic will do well and generally is less impacted by weather. Good luck!!
Pete H
Posted 8/1/2024 8:43 PM (#1030063 - in reply to #1030057)

Right on, thanks for the feedback. Excited to get up there and explore some new water
ColdLabatts
Posted 8/3/2024 11:13 PM (#1030080 - in reply to #1030063)

I've fished Wabigoon/Dinorwic 3 times, and each time was out of Huber's. Personally I found better size in Dinorwic(including my personal best), but better numbers in Wabigoon. Now I never traveled up into the big water portion of Wabigoon, so that may be why. Dinorwic kind of looks like root beer to us when it comes to clarity. I will say when I was there in 2021 right after the border opened it was hard to pattern the fish. They were scattered and coming off of structure. Maybe that was because it was really hot and mid August, but it was tougher fishing. Feel free to PM me for some more info. I'd be happy to mark a map too.

Edited by ColdLabatts 8/3/2024 11:15 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)