Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Happy Fathers Day!

Message Subject: Happy Fathers Day!
chuckski
Posted 6/16/2024 11:35 AM (#1029149)
Subject: Happy Fathers Day!

To the Dad's who taught as how to live. (In including how to fish and hunt)
mikie
Posted 6/16/2024 12:33 PM (#1029151 - in reply to #1029149)
Subject: Re: Happy Fathers Day!

My dad said he learned fishing from his dad, on a small lake near Detroit Lakes (Acorn Lake?). One of the techniques hie said he learned was "row trolling." I asked how that worked, and he told me that he rowed while his dad trolled. m
OH Musky
Posted 6/16/2024 3:06 PM (#1029153 - in reply to #1029149)
Subject: RE: Happy Fathers Day!

Went musky fishing and caught this:

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_1062.jpeg (130KB - 56 downloads)
mikie
Posted 6/17/2024 11:46 AM (#1029159 - in reply to #1029149)

pull good? m
North of 8
Posted 6/17/2024 2:42 PM (#1029164 - in reply to #1029151)

mikie - 6/16/2024 12:33 PM

My dad said he learned fishing from his dad, on a small lake near Detroit Lakes (Acorn Lake?). One of the techniques hie said he learned was "row trolling." I asked how that worked, and he told me that he rowed while his dad trolled. m

Growing up, my aunt and uncle had a little cabin on a small lake in the Harrison Hills. They did not have kids and took me along many times when they went there. I spent a lot of time rowing, both for them casting and trolling over deeper water. But I loved being there and didn't mind the rowing. Only thing that bothered me was my uncle's insistence on no noise. Now, if you are in an aluminum boat, rowing, noise happens. He insisted it scared the fish. One of the first things I thought of after catching a musky motor trolling on a lure 8' feet behind the motor was, so much for that noise stuff. He would have gotten a kick out of it. He bought me my first real fishing rod and would be happy that so many decades later, I still love being on the water.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)