Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> 75 and Still Going Strong

Message Subject: 75 and Still Going Strong
southern comfort
Posted 7/5/2020 11:04 AM (#963028)
Subject: 75 and Still Going Strong

I am an avid musky fisherman and started to slow down and not keep up with younger brothers, my sons and grandsons. I fish a lot but at least 3 times a year I am on a hard core weeklong fishing trip. We start early and finish late with breaks rare. I really started feeling beat up about 10 years ago when I retired. I stay vey active year round and eat smart but 2 things in particular have impacted my durability and allowed me to continue to enjoy fishing. First 9' foot poles were a godsend. What a difference they made in fishing long days. Second working out on a rowing machine on a regular basis has made an incredible difference for me. I cant stress enough how helful that has been on legs, shoulders and arms but most important on my core fitness. If fishing is important to you try it. Low impact excercising has allowed me to keep up with the younger crowd!
Musky Face
Posted 7/5/2020 11:58 AM (#963034 - in reply to #963028)
Subject: Re: 75 and Still Going Strong

That's awesome! Good for you! Hope I'm keeping up with the young bucks when I'm 75. Keep it up!
Kirby Budrow
Posted 7/5/2020 12:35 PM (#963036 - in reply to #963028)

Agreed, I work out all winter just to stay strong for fishing. The more time on the water, the more bites you get! I’m 33 and feel the pain, so benign healthy is very important.
mikie
Posted 7/5/2020 4:43 PM (#963044 - in reply to #963028)

At 66 now, I'm happy just keepin up with guys my own age! Jig ripper handles have helped me since I likes to jerk baits (a lot!), but I've found that a day's fishing of driving 2-3 hrs each way - depending on destination -with 6 hrs on the water is about my limit. m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)