Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Solix/Helix

Reply New post
Message Subject: Solix/Helix
esox80
Posted 7/31/2019 4:45 PM (#943519)
Subject: Solix/Helix

Guys I am heading to Canada on some really big lakes in a couple weeks. I usually have two chips in my units: one for Canada and one for US. I am already getting messages about running out of memory to keep old track data. I need some of those old tracks especially for some big rock long runs in Canadian waters. I know there is a feature to go in and keep specific tracks in real time. But Can I simply take out my US chip and put in blank chips to get more memory for tracks?

Jeff
esox80
Posted 8/2/2019 8:25 AM (#943644 - in reply to #943519)
Subject: RE: Solix/Helix

OK Guys so no one here could help, I talked to Humminbird. The answer is no. Tracks and waypoints are in the units memory only and cannot be put on blank chips. Individual tracks can only be 20,000 points so you have to save them to start a new track. So what I should have been doing was to save those important big runs across the lakes after making the trek the first time.

There is your lesson for the day!
Jeff
Landry
Posted 8/8/2019 3:23 PM (#944047 - in reply to #943519)
Subject: Re: Solix/Helix

Get yourself a good Lakemaster Chip and hilight water under five feet red. Then watch your screen like a hawk while driving. That is the only solution.
Muskie Brofessor
Posted 8/9/2019 7:06 AM (#944070 - in reply to #943519)
Subject: RE: Solix/Helix

For future reference. You can also change your track settings so it won't lay down so many points to connect the dots. This will save memory so it will keep tracks longer if you do not save them. Not really answering your question but just an FYI.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)