Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Freshwater Aquariums

Message Subject: Freshwater Aquariums
Esox2hart
Posted 2/7/2008 8:15 PM (#299641 - in reply to #298377)
Subject: RE: Freshwater Aquariums

Mike if you want next time your up by me at cabelas I will give a behind the scenes tour of my 65000 gallon tank .....lol Just ask for muskie mike I would be glad to show you or anyone for that matter.....drop me a massage or a call and i will let you know if i will be there. Its really neat...
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/9/2008 4:19 PM (#299898 - in reply to #299641)

Mike, I will do that. I would love to see it from your views.

How about stand height?

How high should your tank be?

I want to see the whole tank top to bottom from my chairs. Now when you stand up you will have to bend down some if I use the stand that came with it.(28-inches tall) I was thinking of going to 36-inches tall to match the half walls in my living room. The tank is 30-inches tall. This would make the top of the tank just at head level.

What are some of your tank heights? Do you look into the center of the tank standing or sitting down?

Fish and Whistle
Posted 2/10/2008 10:11 AM (#299979 - in reply to #298377)

Hey Mike,

You are on the right track. Most std. stands are made in two different heights (seated viewing or standing view). Off the top off my head I think they are in the 28" to 36" range, but since you are building custom base it off of your needs. Figure the approx. eye level height that you will view from the majority and base your measurements from there. My preference is to make the center of the tank slightly above the seated viewing height so it is still comfortable to view while standing. I would suggest building a canopy to match the stand. A canopy give a very clean, professional look to an aquarium. Build a hinged access door in the top for feeding or adding top off water.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/10/2008 12:27 PM (#300008 - in reply to #299979)

Dave, I was thinking of building it 36-inches high because when I sit down I can see the whole bottom of the tank. Some stands I have noticed are so high you can't sit down and see across the bottom of the gravel. I want to be able to see everything across the bottom.

I like the idea of the top. I was thinking about it.
SVT
Posted 2/11/2008 12:04 AM (#300094 - in reply to #298377)
Subject: Re: Freshwater Aquariums

Where can you buy muskies to put in a tank? around the FOX CHAIN O LAKES area?

Edited by SVT 2/11/2008 12:05 AM
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/14/2008 8:56 AM (#300938 - in reply to #300094)

Hoffers in Milwaukee will be getting muskies, northern and some others fish in early May. Selling these fish requires a permit. Getting them across state lines might be an issue. MN muskie farm is a great place to buy them but the out of state issue keeps me waiting for Hoffers fish.

It's a bummer I can't get fish earler. Anyone know how or where to score muskies now? Small muskies, not anything over 4-inches.
Don Pfeiffer
Posted 2/15/2008 10:33 PM (#301389 - in reply to #299186)

Mike, u have a pm on this.

Pfeiff
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)