Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> New Phantoms?

Message Subject: New Phantoms?
Dan
Posted 1/18/2010 11:49 AM (#417983 - in reply to #416652)
Subject: RE: New Phantoms?

Definitely helpful Joe. Thanks for the info.

Dan
nater
Posted 1/19/2010 8:53 PM (#418277 - in reply to #417983)

Any info or pics of the custom colors?
PhantomS
Posted 3/12/2010 3:33 AM (#428422 - in reply to #416652)

Any updates on when these will be ready!?
jakejusa
Posted 3/12/2010 8:47 AM (#428446 - in reply to #416652)
Subject: Re: New Phantoms?

I love glide baits! I'm not fussy or hungup on the name of any brand. I try them all for a couple years and if the lure produces it stays if it doesn't it goes. The hookup ratio on glides in my experience can be low, especially if the fish are off a couple notches. The comment about the hooks is super valid in my opinon. Changing out the hooks can change the bait action and the hookup ratio. I have one glide made by a guy in Longville back in the 70's that I bought for $5.00. That was allot back then! That bait is ugly, and I cannot see anything it does in the water different from other baits and yet it has boated close to 100 fish for me. On the other side of the coin, myson and I fished the Gil Hamm event last year on Leech and expected to catch 4-5 fish. We had four on and lost all four! Pace and the style of the hookset used were the two major contributors we came up with.
jakejusa
Posted 3/12/2010 8:51 AM (#428448 - in reply to #416652)

I forgot to add I have a buddy that I get together with and fish for Skis every three to four years. He brings all his dog lures and I bring mine. We swap group for group and every time we both end up with baits that flat out produce for us! I don't know what that means, but we're on for the 6th or 7th trade out this year and both of us are looking forward to the new baits!
kap
Posted 3/12/2010 8:44 PM (#428594 - in reply to #416652)

hopefully they all sell out before the minnesota show, so i will have an extra $50 for gas this summer
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)