Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> muskies going crazy??

Message Subject: muskies going crazy??
TJ DeVoe
Posted 3/1/2007 8:48 PM (#242368 - in reply to #239344)
Subject: RE: muskies going crazy??

I have had one day like this. The day that Mr. Worrall stated. I have never seen anything like that. Between the guy I had in my boat and I we alone moved 9 fish and lost two at boat side within a matter of two hours or less. That was just incredible. I would say half of those fish were pushing 45+ and one was right at the 50inch mark, will never forget that fish. Didn't see her until she was basically at my feet and turned for me so I could see the whole fish basically inches from my topraider, that was pretty cool! That was all due to a weather pattern that moved in from the East, that was a goofy night cause once the storm hit, it shut things done just as fast as we were seeing fish.
The Nate
Posted 3/2/2007 11:14 AM (#242432 - in reply to #239344)

Definitely have had a couple days like this on a local lake. Years ago it was very common at varying times throughout the summer to have 20-25 fish follow and only put one in the boat, and on other days be out for a two or three hours and put 3-4 fish in the boat. One day last fall I made it out after work and between my and two friends we got a 38, 42 and then a 47 and 48.5 (double) in a matter of an hour. Feeding windows can be amazing things.
sworrall
Posted 3/2/2007 11:31 AM (#242439 - in reply to #242432)

I had a couple hours on the Wabigoon like that back in 1995 fishing with my son Keith. We had a 49, several pike up to 43, and a 56.5 in an hour and a half, and I messed up one of the largest fish I have seen minutes after releasing the 56.5.

Had another couple hours there with a 54 and a 54.5 one warm September afternoon, both caught from under airplane pontoons right in front of Hannah at Claybanks. The water was 5' high, and the only shallow structure holding fish was man made. Pike were going absolutely nuts, too. Magic.
nwild
Posted 3/2/2007 11:45 AM (#242441 - in reply to #242439)

One of the best examples of this I ever personally saw was on LOTW. My partner (Todd Forcier) and I were coming off a bad day with nothing boated to the exact same weather pattern. We did nearly nothing different, but the fish were everywhere. On the second spot of the day we boated a 48.5, and it kept going everywhere we stopped. It really didn't matter that day what we threw or where we threw it. We boated seven that day, and could have had over a dozen, but Todd got the dropsies with the last 6 fish he had on.

There were no visible weather changes and nothing that said this would be the day. It also varied around the lake, one of the boats in our group blanked that day. Hard telling why it happened, just glad we were there when it did.
Don Pfeiffer
Posted 3/3/2007 5:42 PM (#242649 - in reply to #239344)
Subject: Re: muskies going crazy??

probably 12 years ago On first weekend in june it happend to me. My friend and I actually lost count of the number of fish we saw and not sure anymore how many we caught. But it hit 90 degrees and at the time we could not figure out why such great action> That night the temps fell and had a very hard frost. Must have been the front moving in as I don't know or have not figured out anything else.

Pfeiff

cnnemusky
Posted 3/4/2007 1:03 PM (#242768 - in reply to #242362)
Subject: Re: muskies going crazy??

One full moon night on LOTWs. We found a new reef earlier in the day and have a half dozen follows. Went back at dusk, for the last 30-45 minutes of the day and it was crazy. All topwaters. We landed three fish all cookie cutter at 39 inches, hooked two others but dumped them and had a couple of other blowups. They were all over the place. Just before the sun went down, it disappeared behind a big thunderhead. Then it was game one. What a riot. We have our own names for the reefs and we called this one "Chaos". Its close to "Big Mama Point", and across the channel from the "Bays Reef" and "Ugly Sister Reef". Ugly Sister got her name becuase its a twin to the "Bays Reef". She isn't much to look at, but every once in a while she puts out. Of course, this lends one to question if its really just the muskies that are going crazy!!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)