Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tranx handle clicks on retrieve

Message Subject: Tranx handle clicks on retrieve
joe1977
Posted 7/5/2014 7:25 AM (#719254)
Subject: Tranx handle clicks on retrieve

I have the Tranx PG. While retrieving cowgirls the handle makes a clicking noise and it's coming from the knob. I have a lot of miles on the reel so I'm wondering if something is wearing out. I have a trip coming up in a couple weeks so I do not have time to send it in to get repaired. Does anyone have a quick fix suggestion?
Zinox
Posted 7/5/2014 7:36 AM (#719255 - in reply to #719254)
Subject: Re: Tranx handle clicks on retrieve

Could be some dirt in one of the bearings, you could dissemble the handle, take the seals of the bearings and flush them with some sort of solvent, re-lube and put them back together, might work.
It worked on of my bearings, not saying its a permanent fix, if the bearing has taken some damage, it might go bad again quickly, but it's a start.
joe1977
Posted 7/5/2014 8:18 AM (#719256 - in reply to #719254)
Subject: Re: Tranx handle clicks on retrieve

I just dissected the problem. The bearing is sloppy in the bearing seat in the knob. It's made of plastic and must have worn out or warped. I'll call Shimano Monday to see if they can send me one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)