Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Larry Hayes-6500 info "local TC area guys know"

Message Subject: Larry Hayes-6500 info "local TC area guys know"
happy hooker
Posted 8/12/2013 3:15 PM (#656992)
Subject: Larry Hayes-6500 info "local TC area guys know"

Had somebody give me a very special gift of a Larry Hayes modified and hand made machined geared 6500,,,Local long time TC area muskie guys will remember these sold by Larry out of his Tackle Plus store before he died at way to young an age these had quite the reputation to the point where ABU sent a rep up to tell Larry they wish he wouldnt make their reels better then they can. Im wondering if anybody remembers all the upgrades he did
remember
Posted 8/14/2013 5:12 PM (#657419 - in reply to #656992)
Subject: RE: Larry Hayes-6500 info "local TC area guys know"

I remember seeing them at the Blain Musky show. I don't know if they were really any improvment on the abu reels of the era as they were just put together from parts as they were a warranty center. They were often built with parts of older reels that many considered to be a better design. THey also made up reels that were no longer available like the Synchro drag reels. As I remember they were charging quite a bit more than the 6500's of the time and a lot of them did not have matching sideplates, one would be red and one silver.

I highly doubt that they made the gears in them and I doubt that Abu sent someone to tell them to stop making them.
Sorgy
Posted 8/14/2013 6:30 PM (#657434 - in reply to #657419)
Subject: RE: Larry Hayes-6500 info "local TC area guys know"

I believe Larry started putting them out after the 6500 C3 was introduced. They had the same guts as a old 6500 C.
I have one that has matching side plates but no clicker.

The old 6500 C's had the spring for the push button instead of the Arm that is used on the C3.

He may have only had them 1 year at the show.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)