Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> PIKEMASTER: Changing gears out in a Revo Toro?

Message Subject: PIKEMASTER: Changing gears out in a Revo Toro?
VMS
Posted 1/30/2013 8:02 PM (#613653)
Subject: PIKEMASTER: Changing gears out in a Revo Toro?

Hiya,

A buddy of mine has a Revo Toro 61 Winch but he hates the gearing. He is looking to change the gearing out for a set of High speed gears. My gut says it would only be changing out the main gear and a pinion gear, but am unsure and don't have a schematic in front of me currently.

I have not taken a toro apart before...how tough of a change-out is this and what kind of cost would I be looking at for the gears?

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Steve
PIKEMASTER
Posted 1/30/2013 9:44 PM (#613694 - in reply to #613653)
Subject: RE: PIKEMASTER: Changing gears out in a Revo Toro?

VMS - 1/30/2013 8:02 PM

Hiya,

A buddy of mine has a Revo Toro 61 Winch but he hates the gearing. He is looking to change the gearing out for a set of High speed gears. My gut says it would only be changing out the main gear and a pinion gear, but am unsure and don't have a schematic in front of me currently.

I have not taken a toro apart before...how tough of a change-out is this and what kind of cost would I be looking at for the gears?

Thanks for any help you can provide...

Steve

You will need the reel so you can give the # on the reel foot to ABU and they will tell you what you will need , should be the Pinion and Main Gear and maybe the pinion holder, should cost about $50.00
Toro reels are very simple to take apart, just use a schmatic.
Zib
Posted 1/30/2013 9:46 PM (#613695 - in reply to #613653)
Subject: RE: PIKEMASTER: Changing gears out in a Revo Toro?

I looked into doing it for my Toro 61 5.4:1 & the cost for the parts was arounf $55.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)