Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Silicone Skirts

Message Subject: Silicone Skirts
ARmuskyaddict
Posted 1/8/2013 5:35 PM (#608484)
Subject: Silicone Skirts

I read somewhere that silicone skirted bucktails are easier to cast in the wind and was wondering if this is true? I am new to baitcasters and musky fishing and don't get much practice. So, I get a frequent backlashes when casting bucktails into the wind. Although, I did do much better last fall. But, any edge will help me when I do make my summer and fall trips.
MikeK
Posted 1/8/2013 7:19 PM (#608503 - in reply to #608484)
Subject: Re: Silicone Skirts

check out dadson blade baits. the hackle and maribou gob up out of water and you can cast them great in the wind.
FAT-SKI
Posted 1/9/2013 7:57 AM (#608547 - in reply to #608484)
Subject: RE: Silicone Skirts

If you can avoid it, don't cast directly straight into the wind. If you want to fish a wind blown spot, try to find a way you can cast at it sideways. Otherwise "strategic overruns" (backlash) may be an issue.

As far as your question goes. I suppose silicone would be a little easier to cast into the wind as it stays a little more tight to the metal wire. However don't let this dictate what you are going to use, it may cast better into the wind, but if you don't practice with the tinsel you never going to get any better at it. Also the Marabou and the flashabou is better for lifelike presentations (if there is such a thing in bucktails) IMO.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)