Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Reel Question? Either or?

Message Subject: Reel Question? Either or?
Byrnes
Posted 10/3/2012 9:29 PM (#588845)
Subject: Reel Question? Either or?

Right now I am using Sling Blade with a Revo Toro Winch that I took the 4:6.1 gears out of and replaced them with the 5:4.1. I use this setup for blades, top water, and some crankbaits.

I really like the look of the Revo Toro NaCl60-HS with the power handle. I have also heard some really good things about the new Calcutta - D. I'm looking to put this reel on a Okuma 93H-T for burning blades primarily. How do you think the NaCl60-HS with the 6:4.1 gears will hold up burning number 10's? Or do you think the Calcutta - D would be a better setup?

Thanks,

Joe
cast4musky
Posted 10/3/2012 9:53 PM (#588853 - in reply to #588845)
Subject: Re: Reel Question? Either or?

Joe I was told to wait a few weeks for the New Daiwa Lexa 300 Inshore to be released, this reel is going to have it all.... Proper weight,Great line capacity, brass gears, 22 lb. drag system 4 different Gear Ratios from 4-1 to 7-1 levelwind, Power Handles, under $200 and Right and left retrieves....Aluminum casing, and saltwater approved. I predict this reel will perform like no other reel out there. This reel will change non believers into believers, should be out in the next few weeks if not out already.... most stores only have the 6-1 and 7-1 Now......... Mike Sr.

PIKEMASTER
Posted 10/3/2012 10:21 PM (#588861 - in reply to #588845)
Subject: RE: Reel Question? Either or?

Byrnes - 10/3/2012 9:29 PM

Right now I am using Sling Blade with a Revo Toro Winch that I took the 4:6.1 gears out of and replaced them with the 5:4.1. I use this setup for blades, top water, and some crankbaits.

I really like the look of the Revo Toro NaCl60-HS with the power handle. I have also heard some really good things about the new Calcutta - D. I'm looking to put this reel on a Okuma 93H-T for burning blades primarily. How do you think the NaCl60-HS with the 6:4.1 gears will hold up burning number 10's? Or do you think the Calcutta - D would be a better setup?

Thanks,

Joe

6.4:1 gears are to high of a gear to reel in DCG all day long, go with the Calcutta 400D.
I would look at the new Saltist 20 for burning blades all day long.
I had a Daiwa Lexa 6.3:1 reel for less then a week and sold it, nice reel for $200.00 and small baits, but not sure if it will last Musky fishing.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)