Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake Trip Time of Year

Message Subject: Eagle Lake Trip Time of Year
erictuffy
Posted 9/10/2012 3:07 PM (#583683)
Subject: Eagle Lake Trip Time of Year

Hi All,

I am planning a musky trip to eagle next year. We are considering either August or 2nd week of October. I have never fished Canada in the fall. Can someone tell me what the fishing will be like that time of year and how it compares to August. Any opinions or recomendations are welcomed.

Thanks friends,

Eric
esoxaddict
Posted 9/10/2012 3:37 PM (#583687 - in reply to #583683)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake Trip Time of Year

Hi Eric

We go up every year, second week of August. During that time, it's pretty predictable fishing - for the most part the fish have all trasitioned from the weeds out onto the bars, points, etc. It's pretty much all rock fishing. We've had some cold front days where the fish had moved back into the weeds, so it's worth checking if nothing is happening. One of the benefits of this time of year is you still have a fair amount of daylight - you can fish well into the evening. Another benefit is that the weather is typically in the upper 70's during the day, with cool but comfortable nights. A few weeks earlier and you're dealing with the hottest part of summer. That's fine of you don't mind that, but for us it's nice to get away from the mid 90's for a week.
Musky Brian
Posted 9/10/2012 11:40 PM (#583797 - in reply to #583687)
Subject: Re: Eagle Lake Trip Time of Year

I would suggest August if you are really set on Eagle...October can get real nasty and it's possible by that time you'd be relegated to mostly trolling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)