Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Canada Tax

Message Subject: Canada Tax
Rebate
Posted 9/8/2011 4:30 PM (#515677)
Subject: Canada Tax

I was told there a way to get some of that 13% tax back on a Canadian trip? Can you point me towards what to do?
MuskieMike
Posted 9/8/2011 9:32 PM (#515720 - in reply to #515677)
Subject: RE: Canada Tax

When we checked out @ AML, Herbie had it all written up for us. Just had to mail it in. Slamr took care of it, so I'm not exactly sure what happened, but I know Herbie made it easy. Just ask your resort owner to set you up, and I'm guessing they will.
Muskie Bob
Posted 9/10/2011 10:23 AM (#515874 - in reply to #515677)
Subject: Re: Canada Tax

You can claim half of the tax for the cabin and boat provided your original receipt includes special wording meeting Canada's requirements. You will need to check the "eligible tour packages" for individuals on the form. Submit the form. If they reject your form, contact your resort and ask them to provide an original receipt meeting the requirements to receive the rebate of the tax.

The following is a link to the form. I use the "pdf fillable" form so I can key in the informatin using my pc, then print it off and sign it. Then, I make copies of the form and resort receipt.

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/E/pbg/gf/gst115/README.html

Edited by Muskie Bob 9/10/2011 10:25 AM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)