Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Daiwa Luna vs. CV-Z 300a vs. CV-x 300a

Message Subject: Daiwa Luna vs. CV-Z 300a vs. CV-x 300a
Posted 12/31/2010 2:15 PM (#472766)
Subject: Daiwa Luna vs. CV-Z 300a vs. CV-x 300a

Does anyone know the exact differences between these three reels? I have seen the CV-X for $160 and the Luna for $240 withe the CV-Z for $210 all new.
cajun84
Posted 1/2/2011 9:57 AM (#473073 - in reply to #472766)
Subject: RE: Daiwa Luna vs. CV-Z 300a vs. CV-x 300a

well, I don't know how it is going to perform quite yet, but I just picked up a diawa cv-z 300A used. It seems super smooth and to my understanding from the guy that I bought it from....I think it is the predecessor to the luna. To my understanding it is basically the same reel minus a few new improvements. I just got it when the ice was on, so I haven't had a chance to use it. Looks wise, it basically looks just like a luna other than it is silver instead of gold. I do think that the z looks and feels alot better than the x. Hope this helps some!
scmuskies
Posted 1/3/2011 10:15 AM (#473280 - in reply to #473073)
Subject: RE: Daiwa Luna vs. CV-Z 300a vs. CV-x 300a

When Daiwa had both the CV-Z & CV-X out, I couldn't understand why. Both reels were nearly identical, with a few upgrades for the Z vs the X, but with the Z being a decent amount more $$$. Off the top of my head, the updates of the X vs the Z was a metal line guide in the Z (plastic w/ ceramic insert in the X), the color, and maybe a few other tweaks here and there. I've had two 300 CV-Xs for 3 & 5 yrs, respectively. They are good reels (AR bearing aside, keep them clean!) and there is really no reason to get the Z over the X, unless you like the gold color (I don't care for it much myself).

The Luna replaced both reels, but is closer to the Z than the X. I don't know what other upgrades they did, other than appearance. The Luna is the same as the St Croix 300, with the only difference being color (gold vs silver). Same great reel as the X & Z's, just need to keep the AR bearings clean.

sc
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)