Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Tica reels?

Message Subject: Tica reels?
Eagleweagle
Posted 11/2/2010 9:10 PM (#465421)
Subject: Tica reels?

Has any one tried these reels? They look to be built soild for saltwater, I was thinking about trying the caiman out. Would like some input if any one has any.
Thanks
Jsondag
Posted 11/2/2010 9:33 PM (#465423 - in reply to #465421)
Subject: Re: Tica reels?

I have used the Tica Caiman in the past. 2 separate models. I froze one reel on opening day 2008 casting a mag dawg. Couldn't even turn the handle. 2nd one froze up after I had a fish on. Not sure why, but when there was a significant amount of tension on the line, the reel was very hard if not impossible to turn. When it was freed up it seemed to work fine I figured it was the drag setting, so I dropped it down a few clicks, and next fish, I tried to thumb, but I couldn't press the button down with tension on it. I tried so hard, I broke the button.

I have heard of people who really like them, but for me, they were nothing but failure after failure.
lpeitso
Posted 11/2/2010 9:51 PM (#465426 - in reply to #465421)
Subject: Re: Tica reels?

I have 4 of them, and love them. Every so often it doesn't engage properly after a cast, but a quick turn of the handle, and click the button again, and it works fine. I had 1 that was wierd, and I sent it into the company, and they gave me a new one. I use to work the Tica booth at the MN muskie expo, and have heard they are great, to junk, just like every other reel out there. My neighbor is no longer the rep for them, but I have had good luck with mine in the 5 years that I have owned them.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)