Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Minaki Area Reports??

Message Subject: Minaki Area Reports??
JDM_88
Posted 9/11/2008 1:57 PM (#335732)
Subject: Minaki Area Reports??

Hi everyone. A lot of great information on this site. Thanks.

I'm heading up to the Minaki area this weekend and primarily focusing on muskie, but will mix in a little walleye fishing as well. Will be fishing Big and Little Sand and some of the connecting lakes. I am really excited about the trip, but have never been to Canada chasing muskies before!

Anyone been up in this area lately (or in the past) that has a report they would like to share? Not looking for specific spots but more for general areas that I should keep my eye out for (weeds/rocks/transition areas ect.) What depths should I key on and what presentations typically work best this time of year up there.

Also, does anybody know when turnover typically takes place up in this area.

Feel free to email me if you would like.
[email protected]

I will post a report when I get back.

Thanks all,
Grog
Posted 9/12/2008 12:52 PM (#335865 - in reply to #335732)
Subject: RE: Minaki Area Reports??

I was up there last weekend for 2.5 days for the first time.....lots of spots to fish! water temps were low to mid 60's depending on the time of the day. Weeds were still green. We got a total of 4 fish, 33-46". A couple of larger fish were seen as well. Fished little and big sand as well as roughrock. Double cowgirls and top water, plain rocks and rock weed combinations, most fish seen were relatively shallow or just off shallow structure. Good Luck.
Fishboy19
Posted 9/12/2008 2:02 PM (#335875 - in reply to #335732)
Subject: RE: Minaki Area Reports??

No significant turnover. Lots of current.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)