Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Magic Maker and Hellhound

Message Subject: Magic Maker and Hellhound
reefhawg
Posted 11/7/2007 3:33 AM (#283360)
Subject: Magic Maker and Hellhound

Hi All,Just got myself a few of these two gliders and was just wondering how you guys in the U.S fish them and if there are any tuning tips i could use etc.
,I know Musky and Pike are different fish habit wise and the tendency here in UK is to fish slow and pretty deep a lot of the time.Any info would be appreciated.
Andy
kawartha kid
Posted 11/7/2007 8:39 AM (#283385 - in reply to #283360)
Subject: Re: Magic Maker and Hellhound

I dont have any experience with the hell hound but i do throw the magic maker and i usually start out with my instincts regarding the conditions for that day.Example cold water or cold front usually start out as slow as possible and gradually increase speed until the fish tell me what they want.Warm water or better conditions i do the oppisite and start fast and gradually work slower until the fish let me in on there little secret.The magic maker is a great glide bait that i find works very well at all speeds.As far as tuning i dont find i need to tune very often as they usually run great but if you do need to tune a little left or right bend to the front eyelet does the trick for me.

Edited by kawartha kid 11/7/2007 8:40 AM
reefhawg
Posted 11/7/2007 1:32 PM (#283444 - in reply to #283360)
Subject: Re: Magic Maker and Hellhound

Thanks for the info,i must say i have thrown the Magic Maker a few times and they are real easy to work as is the Hellhound,i was also wondering what sort of depth you would start at,ie would you count it down or start from the bottom and work up through the depth bands.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)