Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Eagle Lake Ont.

Message Subject: Eagle Lake Ont.
bulldawg
Posted 8/6/2007 5:28 PM (#268909)
Subject: Eagle Lake Ont.

Any one been to South Shore Lodge? How is the fishing there? Leaving this Friday. Anyone have any recent reports form Eagle?

Thanks
BigfishIL
Posted 8/7/2007 12:44 PM (#269032 - in reply to #268909)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake Ont.

Haven't stayed at South Shore but was up on Eagle 7-21 to 28. The weather was so hot it was tough to fish all day. Went to morning and evening fishing.
Double cowgirls....black w/orange and black blades was good, Grandma's 13" dark colors where good. The bait of the week was a double cowgirl in green, black and a touch of gold with silver blades. Must have raised 50 plus fish, caught 4....40" to 48" and lost 4 over 50" with one being the fish of a life-time 55" plus!!! Still sick over that one and can still see that face as it came out of the water, winked at me and just spit the lure about 20' from the boat.
From what I hear the water temps have dropped so it should be GOOD.
All the big girls were out off the rocks in the main basin, weed action was slow but that could change when you go.
Top water bite was just starting to turn on when we left so bring black top water baits.
GOOD LUCK NAIL A BIG GIRL!!!! Dennis

4seasonangler
Posted 8/7/2007 6:43 PM (#269078 - in reply to #268909)
Subject: RE: Eagle Lake Ont.

I was up there from the 14-21st of July and saw 11 fish in a day and a half of purely muskie fishing. Caught 2, a 42" and 40", throwing perch colored suicks around cabbage found in 8+ ft. Any shallower and we didnt get any follows, just plenty of action from pike. We also had one come up on a bucktail off the point of an island.

Edited by 4seasonangler 8/7/2007 6:45 PM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)