Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Reel Mistake Need Help

Message Subject: Reel Mistake Need Help
bandress
Posted 6/8/2006 11:39 PM (#195602)
Subject: Reel Mistake Need Help

A few years ago when I first started muskie fishing I bought an Ambassador 6600 reel that has an anti backlash feature on it. My thought at the time was my young 12 year old son could cast with it without me having to spend the day fixing birds nests. The reel has been on the shelf almost since day one. I bypassed the anit backlash mechanism with the line and the reel is usable but the mechanism keeps popping up because the latch will not stay engaged. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if there is a way to permanantly disable the anti backlash mechanism. You can't just take it off because it is spring loaded and I think if I try to remove it it would be permanantly engaged and the reel would be usless.
pete_k
Posted 6/9/2006 12:56 AM (#195604 - in reply to #195602)
Subject: RE: Reel Mistake Need Help

I superglued mine.
ivpush unlogged
Posted 6/11/2006 9:38 AM (#195827 - in reply to #195602)
Subject: RE: Reel Mistake Need Help

IF you take the reel apart, take the guts out of the left side of the reel. You can tell which parts belong to the anti-backlash mechanism and just remove them. Then, I took some epoxy and glued the flapper down. Now, you have a nice 6000 series Abu with a thumbar-very nice.

Howard
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)