Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Indian Lake Chain- Ontario

Message Subject: Indian Lake Chain- Ontario
dirtybird
Posted 7/9/2024 2:55 PM (#1029676)
Subject: Indian Lake Chain- Ontario

Looking for some feedback on this body of water as we are taking a week long trip there in August. Multi-species with a couple dads and our kids from 11-13, planning on mostly musky with some trout and walleye in between. If anyone is willing to help in some directions as far as areas to avoid or target or baits for the water it would be super helpful..

Also open to fishing Canyon right down the road as we are staying at indian lake lodge.
muskymartin67
Posted 7/9/2024 7:44 PM (#1029680 - in reply to #1029676)
Subject: RE: Indian Lake Chain- Ontario

My experience on the Indian Chain is limited (2 weeks) and I have only fished it in October, mainly sucker fishing- what I can tell you is the muskies are plentiful, but you will be hard pressed to catch a fish over 47" seems they just don't grow as big in this body of water as in some neighboring lakes, there is a good population of Tigers also and some very large walleyes as I caught a few in the 26-28" size range while musky fishing I know bulldawgs and suicks caught some muskies, I would think Top water should be working in August too, hope the limited info I provided helps you some.
Slamr
Posted 7/10/2024 11:16 AM (#1029686 - in reply to #1029680)
Subject: Re: Indian Lake Chain- Ontario

Found myself there with a low tank of gas....headed over to McIntosh and begged to buy gas. Asked the owner where the muskies might be and how to get'em.

"Troll right down the middle, 4MPH. Look for the birds diving, go there". Caught 6 fish in 4 hours.

Been there a few times since and when this approach didn't work, caught a few trolling the sharper breaks, and casting small rubber at obvious spots. Colors were perch, tenn shad, and silver for all fish.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)