Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Muskie Boats and Motors -> Design vs Function

Reply New post
Message Subject: Design vs Function
North of 8
Posted 4/17/2020 8:14 AM (#958173)
Subject: Design vs Function

I have a 90hp Suzuki tiller on my 2003 Pro V. Bought it used, with less than 200 hours. Love the motor, starts quickly, runs smoothly at all rpms. Have annual maintenance done by a dealer, with the exception that I change the plugs each year. Was doing that yesterday and it reminded me of the one issue I have with the motor. Four cylinders vertically arrayed. To get at the bottom plug, or even remove the plug wire, you have to loosen or remove the lower shroud. Not a big deal but if they simply would have made the top cowling an inch deeper and the lower shroud correspondingly shorter, it would not have been necessary. I think some smart engineers built the engine, and then some design engineers decided how to package it. They should make both groups do simple maintenance of the kind owners typically do themselves before they release to the public. Again, small issue and no big deal.
ghoti
Posted 4/17/2020 10:53 AM (#958201 - in reply to #958173)
Subject: RE: Design vs Function

Been that way in the automotive industry forever. Doubt it will ever change.
TMF89
Posted 4/24/2020 10:40 PM (#958776 - in reply to #958173)
Subject: Re: Design vs Function

I remember thinking the side tackle storage drawers in the bigger Lund Pro-Vs were pretty slick, until I tried to open them while the sport top was laying in the bottom of the boat...couldn't have trimmed the bottom of the doors or raised them just a bit??
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Reply New post
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)