Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Fishing Reports and Destinations -> Since the Musky season is over, how about a Saltwater Muskie!

Message Subject: Since the Musky season is over, how about a Saltwater Muskie!
PBenson
Posted 12/21/2014 11:24 PM (#745023)
Subject: Since the Musky season is over, how about a Saltwater Muskie!

http://youtu.be/D-7trPccxG0

Much different than what most of us are used to!
lennyg3
Posted 12/22/2014 11:52 AM (#745048 - in reply to #745023)
Subject: Re: Since the Musky season is over, how about a Saltwater Muskie!

Can't compare a shark to a Muskie... Sharks have some serious stamina/muscle. More like a catfish with teeth. They sure are fun to catch from the beach though! I always thought that the best comparison in saltwater was a cuda. Any fish in saltwater is wayy more powerful than anything in freshwater though.
PBenson
Posted 12/29/2014 11:47 AM (#745728 - in reply to #745048)
Subject: Re: Since the Musky season is over, how about a Saltwater Muskie!

lennyg3 - 12/22/2014 12:52 PM

Can't compare a shark to a Muskie... Sharks have some serious stamina/muscle. More like a catfish with teeth. They sure are fun to catch from the beach though! I always thought that the best comparison in saltwater was a cuda. Any fish in saltwater is wayy more powerful than anything in freshwater though.

I agree. What I find is that the fish in salt water generally have much, much more stamina than fresh water. Even a 50 inch muskie can only last a few minutes with big gear. A barricuda of the same size could take a solid 10 minutes with musky gear.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)