Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> Capital City Muskies Inc 10th Annual Muskie School

Message Subject: Capital City Muskies Inc 10th Annual Muskie School
cuta
Posted 2/10/2011 5:51 PM (#481051)
Subject: Capital City Muskies Inc 10th Annual Muskie School

Chicago Muskie Show …$10

Muskie Fishing Shows on Cable…$60/month

Capital City Muskie, Inc 10th Annual Muskie Fishing School…PRICELE$$

(Actually - $29 if paid before 3/15/2011, if received after 3/15/2011 fee is $39. Youth fee $5- if 18 or younger).

10th ANNUAL INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED
MUSKIE SCHOOL
Saturday March 19th, 2011
7:30 Doors open, Check-in, coffee & donuts
8:20 Welcome & Kick-off (Auditorium) - All Participants at the Auditorium
8:30 ” The latest in Muskie gear” Adam Oberfoell & Greg Fitch - Auditorium
9:00–10:25 [Block #1]:
9:00 A) Poolside Lure Demonstrations – Plastics, Jigs & Crank Bait: tips & techniques [Hanson & Buechner]
9:00 B) Sonar, Fish finders & Marine Electronics - Latest technology & Operation [Greg Fitch]
9:00 C) Spring Muskie Fishing Techniques: Getting ready for opener [Dale Anderson/Matt Devos/Steve Reinstra]
9:00 D) Muskie Fishing on the WI River [Todd Forcier (i)]
9:00 E) Preparing for new water- How to prepare and size up new un-fished water [Worrall & Crandall]
9:00 F) Muskie Fishing basics for Youth & Adults [Duffy Kopf]
9:00 G) Build your own custom muskie rod [Ron Walter & Rick Wyman]
9:00 H ) All about making muskie lures A-Z PART I [John Eversoll]
9:00 I) Muskie Reel Repair Break Down & repair – Hands on [Chuck Brod & colleagues]
9:00 J) Spoon plugging for Muskies (Don Hollatz) & Fishing from Shore [Ron Schell]
9:00 K) “Topwater Muskies - Top to Bottom” [Lee Tauchen]

10:25 -10:35 Break
10:35 – Noon [Block #2]:
10:35 A) Poolside Lure Demonstrations– Plastics, Jigs, crankbaits: tips & techniques [Tauchen]
10:35 B) Patterning Big Muskies ”Sacrificing Quantity for Quality” [Adam Oberfoell]
10:35 C) All about making muskie lures A-Z PART II [John Eversoll]
10:35 D) Tube Fishing for Muskies [Ron Schell]
10:35 E) Sucker Fishing & Quickset Rigs [Jerry Georgeson]
10:35 F) Fishing Southeastern Wisconsin - Pewaukee/Okauchee [Mike Koepp]
10:35 G) Fishing Sawyer County & Northwest Wisconsin [Jim Stroede]
10:35 H) Build your own custom muskie rod [Ron Walter & Rick Wyman]
10:35 I) 10:35 J) Muskie Reel Repair tear down & hands on [Chuck Brod & colleagues]
10:36 J) Fishing Oneida and Vilas Counties [Worrall/Raley]
NOON—1:00 LUNCH & MINI-WORKSHOPS
1) Boat, motor and trailer maintenance [Fitch] 2) Reel/trolling motor repair [Brod] 3) Making Spinnerbaits/silicone skirts [Hollatz] 4) Muskie Lure Casting Accuracy Contest-outside (weather permitting) [Henry Hempe & Tony Enger] (5) Catch & release procedures 6) Knot tying

1:00-2:30 [Block #3]
1:00 A) Trolling (Row & Motor) for Muskies with impressive results [Jim Olson/Steve Reinstra]
1:00 B) How to rig your boat for muskie fishing – hands on session [Fitch]
1:00 C) Reel repair tear down & Electric trolling motors maintenance [Chuck Brod & colleagues]
1:00 D Madison Chain Muskies [Bill Buechner /Don Hollatz/Jeff Hanson/Craig Eversoll]
1:00 E) Canadian Muskie Fishing (Lake of the Woods, Eagle Lake) [Matt Devos & Panel]
1:00 F) Build your own custom muskie rod [Ron Walter & Rick Wyman]
1:00 G) Boat Control [Steve Worrall]
1:00 H) Night Fishing [Adam Oberfoell]
1:00 I) How to Make Spinnerbaits & Bucktails [Scot Stewart]
1:00 J) Make your own leaders Fluorocarbon & Steel [Dan Reim & Gerard Hellenbrand]
Registration is open to the public - everyone is welcome! Select one class per time period (3 total), indicate your preferred class for each time period on the form (below). Mail your completed form along with the tuition (payable to CCMI) before 3/15/2011 tuition is $29, ($39 if paid after 3/15/2011), $5 –Youth who are 18 or younger to:
Muskie Class - CCMI P.O. /Box 8862 Madison, WI 53708. A confirmation and map will be sent to you before the event. Note: Instructors are subject to change and please call us right away of you want to build your own rod and attend the rod building class. Parking permits are not needed to park at the High School. State law prohibits smoking at the facility. Questions: see www.capitalcitymuskiesinc.org or contact: Geoff Crandall at [email protected] or 608-831-6020 (evenings) or Steve Reinstra at [email protected] or 608-770-7131.

10th INTERMEDIATE & ADVANCED MUSKIE SCHOOL
Saturday March 19th, 2011 – held in Waunakee High School

***PLEASE PRINT CLEARLY***

Name ________________________________________________

Address________________________________________________

City ______________________________________ Zip______________

Select your 3 class choices – write them in below

8:20-9:00 Everyone in Auditorium: Welcome & “The Latest in Muskie Gear ”

9:00 -10:25 YOUR CLASS CHOICE:

10:35 – Noon YOUR CLASS CHOICE:

Noon -1:00 Lunch & Mini sessions in lunch area

1:00 – 2:30 YOUR CLASS CHOICE:

2:45 – 3:30 Everyone in Auditorium: Fill out evaluation & turn in, Door Prizes & Raffle

$29 if paid before 3/15/2011, if received after 3/15/2011 fee is $39, (Youth fee $5- if 18 or younger). If necessary, you may register at the door (please note that the $39 fee will be in effect). Since lunches must be catered in and planned in advance, registration at the door (while possible) is not recommended.

Mail to: Muskie Class - CCMI P.O. Box 8862 Madison, WI 53708.

Make check payable to: Capital City Muskies Inc.

-- This school is provided in honor of Gil Hamm and as a thank you
to conscientious, conservation-minded Muskie anglers everywhere --

Edited by cuta 2/10/2011 5:52 PM
sworrall
Posted 2/10/2011 8:10 PM (#481076 - in reply to #481051)
Subject: Re: Capital City Muskies Inc 10th Annual Muskie School

This is a great undertaking by a good bunch of people that is a HUGE amount of fun to attend. Be there.

Oh, by the way, the lunch is excellent.
dward
Posted 2/10/2011 10:41 PM (#481101 - in reply to #481051)
Subject: RE: Capital City Muskies Inc 10th Annual Muskie School

wow, i've been a member of this site for 7-8 years and for some reason haven't heard about this muskie school..... sounds awesome! I'm going to try very hard to make a day out of it!
cuta
Posted 2/11/2011 6:03 AM (#481110 - in reply to #481101)

dward,

I'm glad you saw the post this year and hope you can make it! I don't post much on websites but since I stated attending the CCMI Muskie School a few years back, I have been so impressed with the quality of this program I started posting information about it.

The quality of the programming, speakers and instructors are very good and most from the Madison area. All of the instructors and speaker I have had fish extensively through the Midwest and Canada and have been able to speak to every class members questions. It is truly the next best thing to fishing with them. And that has happened too! Hope you can attend and bring a kid.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 2/15/2011 12:25 PM (#481837 - in reply to #481110)

It is a great school. All the instructors at this school all donated their time ALL the money from this school goes to stocking muskys!!!!!
In my first class 9am poolside we will be showing Jerkbaits as well as rubber and crankbaits we will also show how Stealth tackles weighted leaders work and when to use them.
Also what rods and leaders to use with different baits.
See you there
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com (website being rebuilt this week)
dcates
Posted 2/15/2011 1:38 PM (#481853 - in reply to #481051)

GREAT event - and worth the 5-hour drive from Northern Indiana, but schedules won't permit me to atttend this year (same date as the Webster Lake Musky Club's Ice Out Challunge).  I'll make it to school again sometime.  A good time will be had by all.
Mikes Extreme
Posted 2/15/2011 7:07 PM (#481936 - in reply to #481853)

The food, speakers and info that is shared is all exceptional. For the money this is one of the best deals anywhere. $29 in advance for three classes and a great lunch. The hardest part of the school is deciding what three classes to sign up for.

I have done the Southeastern WI class Pewaukee/Okauchee for the last five or six years. Lots of positive reviews on all the classes. If you have not checked out this school yet please call or e-mail anyone of the instructures to learn more about it.

Just a great day of muskie info and people helping others learn more about the sport we are obsessed with. Support the Capital City Club and the Madison fishory.

See ya there!!!!
Steve Reinstra
Posted 2/15/2011 10:36 PM (#481986 - in reply to #481936)

We are looking forward to our Tenth Annual Muskie School. Steve Worrall has been there from year 1 and has helped us make this a top notch event. Thanks Steve.

Jeff Hanson, Mike Koepp, Lee Tauchen, Craig Eversoll, Bill Buechner, Adam Oberfoell, Matt Devos, Greg Fitch. What a great lineup of top notch speakers!

Note: Todd Forcier will not be able to make it for the Wisconsin River muskies class due to a scheduling conflict. Mike Collins, muskymotive.com, has agreed to come in and talk Wis. River muskies. Thanks Mike!

Check out the huge raffles at the school this year. Big super raffle with a Fenwick Rod and Abu Revo Toro Winch, and dozens of high end baits and gear to give away!
Matt DeVos
Posted 2/16/2011 4:50 PM (#482088 - in reply to #481051)

This is really a great event and as others have alluded, you won't find a better "bang for your buck" as far as educational seminars go...plus you get an excellent lunch for good measure!

Geoff Crandall, Steve Reinstra and others do a fantastic job of putting this event together and deserve a ton of credit. I've been helping out teaching a few classes the past 3-4 years (Spring Muskie Fishing and the LOTW portion of the Canadian class) and the enthusiasm and information-sharing from all instructors and attendees alike is really cool. It's a pretty unique event and I don't think anyone could ever walk away feeling disappointed. Its a lot of fun.
Steve Reinstra
Posted 3/5/2011 11:21 AM (#485216 - in reply to #482088)

The Tenth Annual Muskie School at Waunakee, Wis. is just two weeks away, 3/19/11. To get in on the lower pre registration rate of $29.00 you should get your entries in by 3/15/2011.

Copy the registration form from Cuta's thread above or visit http://www.capitalcitymuskiesinc.org website and copy the Muskie School entry and send it in.

You may walk in and register the day of the school at the $39 rate but we encourage pre registration for lunch order numbers.

We have 110 angler's registered as of today. Last year was a record attendance of 225. Door prizes and raffles at the end of the day!

For more info. you may also call,

Steve Reinstra
608-770-7131
lambeau
Posted 3/11/2011 11:23 AM (#486442 - in reply to #481051)

bumping this to the top so that people can see the correct course lineup.

the other thread was for the 2010 school.

cuta
Posted 3/12/2011 6:26 AM (#486597 - in reply to #481051)

I just heard from Muskie School Dean Geoff Crandall and he was excited about this year’s outstanding faculty and extensive class offerings. He said “Our faculty and muskie school staff has great depth of Muskie Fishing experience with over 500 years of combined muskie fishing experience. These instructors really know how to get them in the boat! The school is experiencing unprecedented enrollment this year. This will definitely be our biggest school ever. There is still room available. However, get your (early bird) fees in before the rates go up next Wednesday the 15th (fees are still only $29 which includes a full day program including coffee/donuts/a hot lunch & excellent desserts) after the 15th they go up to $39.”

FYI: A couple of the reel repair classes are close to being filled up. These classes are limited to 9 per session to maintain a 3:1 student/teacher ratio. All other classes are fine and there is still room for more.

Late breaking Updates:

Jim Stroede has a conflict and will not able to teach the “How to fish Sawyer County and NW Wisconsin” class. However, we are very pleased to announce that Mike Cookas a highly experienced guide from the Sawyer County area (Chippewa Flowage, Winter, and surrounding area lakes) will be the instructor for that session. Mike has over 30 years of experience fishing muskies and he and his clients have boated over 1,000 muskies. He is a wealth of knowledge; For those attending the 10:30-Noon class on how to fish Sawyer County and NW Wisconsin muskie waters you are in for an excellent presentation. His background is extensive and can be found on:
http://www.mikecookas.com

Also, Todd Forcier will not be on the program teaching “How to fish the WI River class”. We are very pleased to announce that Mike Collins a very knowledgeable and experienced guide on the WI River will be teaching the WI River class this year. Mike grew up in Wisconsin Rapids and has over 16 years experience fishing for muskies. His session runs from 9-10:30. He is really pumped up to teach this session and has an excellent power point presentation on hot tips for fishing the WI River all set and ready to go. To check out his background check out:

http://www.muskymotive.com

This school will be a great time and should help you get ready for the upcoming muskie season in a big way.

If you have questions please contact Geoff Crandall at 608-831-6020 or Steve Reinstra at 608-770-7131.
Geoffrey Crandall
Posted 3/13/2011 2:02 PM (#486790 - in reply to #481051)

We just filled up the reel repair classes - those are no longer available to new requests. Other than that all other classes are open.

Our prices go up on Tuesday the 15th to $39 so get your fees in asap if you haven't already. Again, this school is wide open to the public so please free to come and kids are welcome as well. There will be more kids this year than ever before.

This will be our biggest selection of classes, biggest enrollment and most extensive raffle prizes ever. Grand prize for the "Super Raffle" gets a Fenwick Elitetech rod and a Abu Garcia Revo Winch 4.6:1. We will have a lot of lures and many other items for the standard raffle. The weather forecast looks good for next weekend as well.

Hope you can make it and you will find this to be an excellent way to get ready for the upcoming muskie season.

Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/14/2011 10:37 AM (#486960 - in reply to #486790)

Dorn's Midvale Blvd. store and Suick is making a special offer to any one at the school:
For up to two weeks after the school you will get 25% off any Suick products. All you have to do is mention you were at the school and you get a great deal.
Dorn's also has my custom color Suick in now (Fire Bass) in 9" 10" and 10" weighted. Its a Dorn's exclusive color..
Thanks,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com

Edited by Jeff Hanson 3/14/2011 10:38 AM
dward
Posted 3/14/2011 12:48 PM (#486982 - in reply to #486960)

Can someone verify the location of this school with an address and some general directions. I'm coming from Milwaukee area to attend. Thanks!
Geoff Crandall
Posted 3/14/2011 1:05 PM (#486992 - in reply to #486982)

Directions from

!-94 West
90/39 North (for about 5 miles)
19 West into Waunakee
Left (South) on Q (traffic signal at intersection of Hwy 19 & Q)
5-6 blocks on your left (East ) side of the street you'll find the High School
Park on the East side of the main building
Enter on the East side at Fieldhouse entrance

For more precise instructions : http://www.mapquest.com/
search for: 100 School Drive Waunakee, WI
Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/16/2011 5:05 PM (#487413 - in reply to #486992)

Just talked to Bill owner of Monster lures, he will also give 25% OFF any of his baits at Dorn's Midvale to any one that is at this school.
That includes all his Creepers, One Eyed Willys, Jerkos and Squirkos.
Thats a great deal.
see you there.
Thanks,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
wers4455
Posted 3/16/2011 8:27 PM (#487442 - in reply to #487413)

Any chance of a video of the table of speakers like in the past Steve?
muskie! nut
Posted 3/16/2011 9:24 PM (#487456 - in reply to #481051)

I don't think there will be any videos taken this year. If there is, I haven't heard about it.

Jamie not too late to sign up.
wers4455
Posted 3/16/2011 9:41 PM (#487458 - in reply to #487456)

Would love to Nut, but have prior plans (wifes b-day)
sworrall
Posted 3/16/2011 11:24 PM (#487466 - in reply to #481051)

I can record the opening and closing discussion and upload later in the day. Anyone interested?
Steve Reinstra
Posted 3/17/2011 10:11 PM (#487629 - in reply to #487466)

Steve W...........Yes, please record the Opening Plenary session. A lot of us doing the registration and serving coffee etc. always miss the Opening session. We would like to see it on this site after the day has ended.

Besides this should be an informative sesson with Adam Oberfoell and Greg Fitch talking New muskie gear and technology.

Thanks!

Steve R

P.S. Hey guys, If you are coming to the school get to the doors early, we will have close to 300 in attendance! You must checkin at the Registration desk. Doors open at 7:30a. Plenary session starts at 8:20a sharp. First hour classes start at 9am.
Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/18/2011 10:15 AM (#487695 - in reply to #487629)

Dorn's has sold out of 10" Weighted Firebass Suicks and low on others the should have more in shortly.
They also will have my custom colored Squirkos and Jerkos in Acidfrog later today.
See you at the school
Jeff Hanson

Edited by Jeff Hanson 3/18/2011 10:16 AM
sworrall
Posted 3/19/2011 8:12 AM (#487829 - in reply to #487695)

We are underway at the Waunakee High School this morning at the 10th annual Muskie School.

Record attendance and perfect weather for travel guarantees full classrooms and plent of Muskie education!

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(DSC_0001 [640x480].JPG)

(DSC_0002 [640x480].JPG)

(DSC_0003 [640x480].JPG)

(DSC_0005 [640x480].JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments DSC_0001 [640x480].JPG (101KB - 223 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0002 [640x480].JPG (116KB - 217 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0003 [640x480].JPG (82KB - 225 downloads)
Attachments DSC_0005 [640x480].JPG (96KB - 209 downloads)
chasintails
Posted 3/25/2011 9:04 AM (#488807 - in reply to #481051)

Went to this school and was very impressed again. Nice job Cap. City Does any one know how I could get in touch with Greg Fitch? I have a few questions for him about electronics. Thanks Again
Jeff Hanson
Posted 3/25/2011 12:32 PM (#488849 - in reply to #488807)

Greg is a great guy and is the best in this area at electronics for sure. He has helped me a ton with my boats.
His info:
xtremecustommarine.com
608-575-7764
Thanks,
Jeff Hanson
madisonmuskyguide.com
chasintails
Posted 3/25/2011 1:33 PM (#488860 - in reply to #481051)

Thanks Jeff
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)