Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Rollie and Helen's Musky Shop Virtual Musky Show VIDEO!

Message Subject: Rollie and Helen's Musky Shop Virtual Musky Show VIDEO!
sworrall
Posted 12/21/2012 4:44 PM (#604717)
Subject: Rollie and Helen's Musky Shop Virtual Musky Show VIDEO!

Read about it here.

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(2012_header.jpg)

Zoom - | Zoom 100% | Zoom + | Expand / Contract | Open New window
Click to expand / contract the width of this image
(471683_494651480579206_1360705516_o.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 2012_header.jpg (39KB - 250 downloads)
Attachments 471683_494651480579206_1360705516_o.jpg (24KB - 269 downloads)
muskie24/7
Posted 12/22/2012 5:03 AM (#604783 - in reply to #604717)
Subject: RE: Rollie and Helen's Musky Shop Virtual Musky Show

Great idea! Can't wait!
DRPEPIN
Posted 12/22/2012 8:31 AM (#604798 - in reply to #604717)
Subject: Re: Rollie and Helen's Musky Shop Virtual Musky Show

Interesting concept. Can't wait.
PIKEMASTER
Posted 12/22/2012 11:09 AM (#604829 - in reply to #604717)

Why have it the same weekend as the Chicago Musky Show ????? Alot of guys spend the weekend in Chicago and won't be able to take advantage of shopping from Home Concept using there home computer. ?????
Funny I'm always telling my kids to put down there computer and go enjoy the real world, sad.
Peter Stoltman
Posted 12/23/2012 12:39 AM (#604924 - in reply to #604717)

Thanks for the interest guys. Please note that the idea is that this is a "World Wide" show. Lots of guys who don't live in the midwest would like to have a shot at some of the advantages of going to a show but travel prohibits them. Also note that this is the first in a series of shows we will be presenting so if you can't get to a computer that weekend (really?) there will be other opportunities.
muddymusky
Posted 12/23/2012 11:38 AM (#604953 - in reply to #604717)

Very cool idea~!
dfkiii
Posted 12/23/2012 12:29 PM (#604956 - in reply to #604717)

Great idea indeed !

Nice to see people thinking about how to innovatively serve the folks who can't attend shows.
Jeff78
Posted 12/24/2012 7:55 AM (#605054 - in reply to #604717)

I like it, count me in as an attendee.
tkopke unplugged
Posted 12/24/2012 9:03 AM (#605065 - in reply to #604717)

Cool idea although I most enjoy the shows due to being able to chat with people you don't see all the time.
Peter Stoltman
Posted 12/28/2012 2:09 PM (#605774 - in reply to #604717)

I agree with you Travis. It's nice to visit with old friends and meet new ones. As a retailer we are looking at the best ways to serve our customers and this is a new concept we're trying. Please note that we have not abandoned the traditional "Musky Shows" completely. We will have a large booth at the Milwaukee show. Lots of reasons go into a decision like this and all indicators are that you need to do a mix of marketing to reach your target audience.
Mojo1269
Posted 12/28/2012 2:12 PM (#605776 - in reply to #605774)

I think its an awesome idea....I think it has the potential to meet the needs of many that can not attend certain shows. i doubt anyone (or very few) would not go to a show in lieu of this... I mean after all; we all kow that only Show Color baits catch fish....
Peter Stoltman
Posted 1/5/2013 9:37 AM (#607664 - in reply to #604717)

Ok, please understand I am speaking here as an individual and not an "official" statement from the Musky Shop. There seems to be a lot of interest, rumors, and speculation about the Musky Shop and the decision to not attend the Chicago Musky Show this year and our series of Online Musky Shows. There are a ton of factors that go into something like this and as an exhibitor who has attended the show since the first year I can assure you it was not taken lightly. It is not as clear-cut as just expenses/profits etc. Unless you're living under a rock you have noticed by now that the world is changing, peoples buying habits are changing, the musky world is changing and in order to best serve our customers and remain at the forefront of tackle retailing in a very specialized segment of the fishing industry we need to change too. In the past few years we have seen a huge influx of anglers across the country and even overseas who have come to us to fulfill their tackle needs. As an example, a musky fisherman in New Jersey really doesn't give a rats patooty if the Musky Shop exhibits at any given show in the midwest. These anglers who are out of the old time, traditional musky range would like to have some of the advantages of a "show" but without the travel etc. So, how do we address this kind of growing concern? We feel that the best way to offer the most to all concerned is a mix of marketing and sales opportunities. We have not abandoned the concept of the live sport show and WILL be attending the Milwaukee Muskie Expo here in the midwest. We find there is a large crossover from both the Chicago and Milwaukee shows and while we will miss seeing some of our friends and customers in Chicago we will see a large group of those same folks in Milwaukee. Our online sport show is being received with a lot of excitement from our vendors who have jumped on board with special offers, pricing, promotions, and custom/exclusive product that turns out to be a win/win for them for many of the same reasons stated above. We will also be offering free shipping for this event since we in fact do save some money by not traveling and the associated expenses. We have been working very hard on building this concept. Sure it's not proven yet but we felt it was time to take a bold step toward the future rather than continuing to stick with the old model of marketing in an ever changing industry. This is our first stab at something like this so will their be glitches? Probably. Will we learn from this and make changes in the future? You bet. My best suggestion is to check us out with this new concept and make your own conclusions. Our goal is to be the best possible resource for your musky/pike and related fishing needs. If you have specific questions or suggestions feel free to contact us.
rjhyland
Posted 1/5/2013 11:11 AM (#607688 - in reply to #604717)

I saw that on H&R's page and was hoping that's what it would be! Can't wait, I have a few baits in mind and this can be the next best thing to being there. I hope it works well as I'll be there (virtually).
Ron
BenR
Posted 1/5/2013 3:42 PM (#607730 - in reply to #604717)

I think it is great, having it the same weekend is even better. I am guessing in the future, you will have virtual shows and the location musky show will be a thing of the past. BR
PIKEMASTER
Posted 1/5/2013 3:56 PM (#607732 - in reply to #607730)

BenR - 1/5/2013 3:42 PM

I think it is great, having it the same weekend is even better. I am guessing in the future, you will have virtual shows and the location musky show will be a thing of the past. BR

what's next, virtual Musky fishing Viedo Games will replace the real thing, wait a minute I have to tell my kid to put down his I Pod and enjoy the real world.
I'll be at the Chiago Musky Show all day and when I get home that night I'll be on the R & H virtual show, very busy weekend.
BenR
Posted 1/5/2013 4:09 PM (#607735 - in reply to #607732)

PIKEMASTER - 1/5/2013 3:56 PM

BenR - 1/5/2013 3:42 PM

what's next virtual Musky fishing Viedo Games will replace the real thing, wait a minute I have to tell my kid to put down his I Pad and enjoy the real world.

Not at all, but time and money is important. If you can accomplish the same thing without expending extra time or money, it provides more time to spend in the outdoors and more to spend on actual tackle. I would also guess the deals will be much better due to far less expenditure put out by the shop. It is a win/win for everyone. When you think of the business side of it, the opportunities are pretty vast. BR
jonnysled
Posted 1/5/2013 5:22 PM (#607752 - in reply to #607664)

Guest - 1/5/2013 12:13 PM

Peter Stoltman and Jim,

I go to a musky show in person becasue I want to see the new lures and hold and touch them JMO

i like to put baits on swiveleze snaps and cast them into the water ...
RyanJoz
Posted 1/5/2013 6:36 PM (#607775 - in reply to #604717)

I have to agree with the guests and Mr. Sled...
muskydoug1
Posted 1/6/2013 11:16 AM (#607929 - in reply to #604717)

I don't normally post a response, however I feel this subject is worth it. Number 1 guest should not be allowed to reply. Number 2 The retailer in Question here has been and still is a great asset to the Minacqua area. I also feel the idea is a great one and should be tried. Number 3 I feel that going to Musky shows is getting to be a real expense $10 for entry $20 for gas $5 for tolls or $5 for parking. Number 4 most of the manufactures that go to the shows are competing against the retailers and that is not a great idea in my book. "Show Colors" most of the manufactures will sell you anything you want and under cut the retailer to boot.
I will not even respond to the Guest about "out of stock" colors or items.
Ja Rule
Posted 1/9/2013 11:54 AM (#608590 - in reply to #604717)

I can be an extremely negative, cynical, grumpy human being sometimes. I at times will find fault with anything and will also complain about almost anything under the sun. I love coming to this site because there are always a handful of people that are much worse than me! Usually they post as guests. If you don't like the idea, don't support it. Plain and simple. I love the idea and you couldn't pay me enough money to go to Chicago for anything so I will be attending. THANK YOU R&H!
Zib
Posted 1/9/2013 12:16 PM (#608595 - in reply to #604717)

I think it's a cool idea. Don't know what the fuss is about? If you don't like the idea of being able to buy custom colors while sitting at home in your underwear then don't participate in the sale it's that simple. I have never purchased anything from R&H but this show/sale will make me a first time customer.

lehighmuskies
Posted 1/9/2013 12:21 PM (#608599 - in reply to #604717)

It's a great idea I just hope there's enough baits to fill my order!
esoxaddict
Posted 1/9/2013 12:38 PM (#608607 - in reply to #608599)

Well... personally, I like to pick up a bait and look at it before I buy it. Pretty sure there will be plenty of vendors at the show that will allow me to do just that. And if I decide I want it, I'll either order it from R&H like I usually do, or wait and pick it up on my way through Minocqua.

Nice to see the R&H folks jumping on the virtual tradeshow bandwagon. That's where the industry is heading, and has been for some time. No reason to get on a plane, or get in the car, and spend hundreds of dollars on hotel reservations and such when you can see the same stuff from your living room. This allows vendors to reach a whole new audience, it allows customers who wouldn't ordinarily have access to their wares to see what they offer. It's cheaper for everyone.

Might upset a few buggy whips along the way, but that's not really worth worrying about in my opinion.
lambeau
Posted 1/9/2013 1:42 PM (#608619 - in reply to #608607)

i've got gift cards in hand and will be spending money this weekend at Rollie and Helen's...i'm excited to see what they can do online in terms of videos and tips, and i'm looking forward to the sales. free shipping is a great incentive, and it's cool to hear that they will be offering "show colors" from a number of manufacturers too.

having this online allows me to skip the drive to Chicago and instead spend more time hanging out with wife and 13-month-old son.
that's win-win, thank you muskyshop!
Peter Stoltman
Posted 1/10/2013 1:53 AM (#608739 - in reply to #604717)

Just a quick FYI. We are trying our best to make this a great event for all concerned. Lots of filming on seminars this week including Tom Gelb, Steve Heiting, Russ Smith and others. Since this is our first time out we know that things may not be entirely perfect but hope it will accomplish a goal of providing a "show experience" from the comfort of your home. We invite your input and suggestions to make the next one better. Yes, there will be more coming up with dates to be announced. If you really want your voice heard the best way is to contact the shop directly. We value our customers and their opinions.
tuffy1
Posted 1/10/2013 12:17 PM (#608838 - in reply to #608739)

Sweet idea. It'll get me a musky fix since I can't go to Chicago this weekend.
sworrall
Posted 1/10/2013 2:01 PM (#608861 - in reply to #608838)

sworrall
Posted 1/12/2013 8:28 AM (#609219 - in reply to #604717)
Subject: Re: Rollie and Helen's Musky Shop Virtual Musky Show VIDEO!

Get in there and check out the selection.
sworrall
Posted 1/12/2013 1:14 PM (#609248 - in reply to #604717)

Reports are the sale is going very well, don't wait or the customs could be gone.
Wood_Duck
Posted 1/13/2013 4:35 PM (#609463 - in reply to #604717)

I had to miss the show due to my obligations to the military but luckily for me this online show allowed me to get some awesome new baits with free shipping so go muskyshop!
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)