Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> General Discussion -> MN Expo Lure Swap Details

Message Subject: MN Expo Lure Swap Details
Josh Borovsky
Posted 2/22/2007 4:54 PM (#240877)
Subject: MN Expo Lure Swap Details

Hi All,

I am finalizing the last details for the lure swap at Blaine and wanted to get some feedback from you.

Last year, we sold wristbands for $20.00 a piece in advance of the swap. The wristband got you complimentary beer, soda, and pizza from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. The people who didn't buy wrist bands were still welcome to come and swap baits at Be Bops.

I was thinking of doing a similar set up this year and wanted to see what everyone thought about it. I think I can get the price down to $18.00 this year for pizza, beer, and soda but not any lower than that. If we eliminated pizza all together and then we could drop the price considerably. (I think you guys went through about 40 pizzas last year.)

I am also trying to get a pizza bar/beverage bar set up exclusively for the people with wrist bands this year. This will allow everyone to move around the establishment freely. I know last year some people who didn't have wristbands were frustrated that they couldn't get up to the "wristband only" area.

Adding the pizza/beverage bar will hopefully solve that problem. (Although it may also create a rather sizable line which will be a different issue.)

Let me know what you guys think on this as there is still time to change it. Beer and pizza? Or No Pizza?

Other suggestions?

- Josh

woody
Posted 2/22/2007 5:18 PM (#240882 - in reply to #240877)
Subject: Re: MN Expo Lure Swap Details

Just beer. Easier, cheaper, less hassle, and if anyone wants to eat they can sit at a table and have the full menu.
Thanks a bunch, from everyone I'm sure, for getting this set up!
happy hooker
Posted 2/23/2007 4:50 AM (#240974 - in reply to #240882)

Josh
why dont you come out and say what you really mean!!! Im not 'wanted",,if I didnt come we could drop the price with pizza down to $5 each

actually I think $20 each is pretty dam cheap for a saturday night out
Big Perc
Posted 2/23/2007 8:01 AM (#240991 - in reply to #240974)

Just beer works for me...I have enough insulation that I think I could survive without the pizza...then again I am a fat kid who likes food...just beer would be good...can't wait to go and meet some of you guys...

Big Perc
Posted 2/23/2007 12:28 PM (#241056 - in reply to #240877)
Subject: RE: MN Expo Lure Swap Details

Last year the profits from this event went to someone in need. If you made a profit doing this last year, assuming you will also make a profit this year, who will be the beneficiary? If there is no beneficiary in need this year, perhaps we should just go with an open bar and be done with it like at the Chicago show.
Troyz.
Posted 2/23/2007 12:39 PM (#241061 - in reply to #241056)

I talked with Josh on this last nite, last year we had I think it was around $2000 in profit, but that profit was not from the beer and pizza. The profit came from all the donation from the vendors and manufacturers at the MN Expo that dontated items for the silent auction. We got a discount price on beer and the first 20 pizzas, and we had a set price of rought $4 a pizza for the first 20, well we went way over that. We broke even or even might have lost a little money on the beer and pizza. Each additional pizza was at full price, and there is a built gratuity on the total bill. So this year he is looking to run something that would be a great deal for those attending, and there will not be a silent auction.

Troyz
Posted 2/23/2007 12:53 PM (#241064 - in reply to #240877)

Troy - If there is a chance you will lose money because of people like Hooker who have a hollow leg, why take on the risk? Why not just let people pay their own way for food and beer and make it simple on yourselves?
Trixie
Posted 2/23/2007 1:36 PM (#241070 - in reply to #240877)

Josh, for those of us not from the area, can you give an address for Bebops?
MLS
Posted 2/23/2007 8:51 PM (#241138 - in reply to #240877)

why ruin a buzz with pizza?
Josh Borovsky
Posted 2/23/2007 11:33 PM (#241154 - in reply to #240877)

Hello,

It looks like the majority is leaning towards beer only and that is fine. I will check back at the end of the weekend to see if that is the direction the posts continue to go.

Regarding the post about who will benefit from this financially . . . the answer is hopefully me although it probably won't be much. My intent was simply to help everyone get a better a deal on drinks and food than they would normally get and hopefully make a few bucks in the process.

That was actually the plan last year too. But, when I heard about Adam's situation last year it just seemed like the right thing to do so I made a change of plans.

If we ditch the pizza I think we can do 10-12 bucks for a wristband. And if for some reason people want to bail on the idea and give their money to the bar instead of me that is fine too.

Let me know what you think.

I will try to get some directions up for you as well.

- Josh

Posted 2/26/2007 1:44 PM (#241607 - in reply to #240877)

No offense to Josh, but why would BeBops want to give him their upside profits...its not like we're going to have this event someplace else. Does BeBops know the profit is going to Josh directly and not some charity or person in need? Let's not not treat BeBops in a way that will result in them not wanting to hold this event in the future...full disclosure. Presumeably, BeBops thinks moer people will come with the wrist band option than without, but I'm not so sure....
happy hooker
Posted 2/26/2007 5:35 PM (#241675 - in reply to #240877)

Lets keep this in perspective here,,Bebops isnt gonna care a thing about this,, I set it up for years and the only thing required by the manager was 'ok' see ya there,
compared to our crowd and the one that lines up at the dance club part were an afterthought at most,, Be Bops loves us and its our world there that night
Ball Cap
Posted 2/27/2007 10:11 AM (#241801 - in reply to #240877)

It's no different that any fund raisers that 100's of softball teams do each year.

People pay for a wristband for "free" Tap beer for a couple hours.

The bar's upside is that all the people who don't drink Tap beer. These people come to a bar they normally wouldn't be going to and buy other things besides Tap beer ... bottled beer, cocktails, food, soda, etc.

And then the bar also assumes that people are going to say after the free beer period is done and continue to spend money.

BeBops is just going to be happy to have tons of musky fisherman in there spending money.

I don't know who brought it up, but the last thing BeBops is concered about is Josh making a few bucks to support his tournament fishing.

Midge
Posted 2/27/2007 8:13 PM (#241925 - in reply to #240877)

I am fine doing it any way as long as people who do not buy a wrist band can still enjoy the swap. Last year lots of people were bummed out that just want to swap and couldn’t get into the “pizza”section. This year I am just stopping for a ½ hour or so and I am choosing not to buy a wrist band. No offense but I hope I do not have to pay a “cover” to go to a lure swap.
Josh Borovsky
Posted 2/28/2007 10:52 PM (#242197 - in reply to #240877)

Guest -

No worries man. We're cool. I know some people were bummed about the set-up last year which is why we will send people to the bar this year. That should allow everyone to roam around freely wristband or not. Everyone is welcome.

Here are the details everyone. . . (I think)

Wristbands will be $10.00 a piece. The purchase of the wristband will allow you to enjoy complimentary beer and soda from 7:00 to 9:00 PM. You must be of legal drinking age and have valid ID with you in order to drink alcohol. Please drink responsibly.

If you would rather pay full price for your beer, you can order it directly from the bar. Although, if you plan to buy more than one beer the wristband would probably be cheaper.

Please buy your wristband from me prior to the lure swap as I am pretty sure I cannot sell them at the swap. I will have wristbands available at my booth at the Expo.

BeBops is located at 1009 109th Avenue NE, Blaine, MN #55434

If you punch that in on Map Quest, it should get you there.

happy hooker
Posted 3/1/2007 4:56 AM (#242212 - in reply to #242197)

Thanks for setting it up Josh,,,lotsa fun that night,,,,people also remember you can book cheap rooms at the expo too if you dont want to drive home that night
muskymeyer
Posted 3/2/2007 7:39 AM (#242395 - in reply to #240877)

What are the swap hours? Can the kids come to the swap?

thanks,

Corey Meyer

Edited by muskymeyer 3/2/2007 8:19 AM
castmaster
Posted 3/2/2007 8:29 AM (#242404 - in reply to #240877)

is there a cover charge at bebops?

Edited by castmaster 3/2/2007 8:30 AM
BALDY
Posted 3/2/2007 9:14 AM (#242410 - in reply to #242404)

castmaster - 3/2/2007 8:29 AM

is there a cover charge at bebops?

no cover for BeBops, but there is one for the "club" next door. Good place to party after the BeBops crowd dwindles. I THINK I had alot of fun there last year.
esoxlady
Posted 3/2/2007 12:17 PM (#242445 - in reply to #240877)

Cory- The swap is conducted in the "Sports Bar and Grill" area of Be-Bops. It has decent food and a bunch of TV's, ect... so it's similar to taking your kids / family out to eat in any similar type establishment. Swap attendees grab any available table / booth and throw their stuff out for anyone who is interested. Be-Bops also has a "night club" located in a separate area of the building with a separate entrance and cover charge. That is not a place to take the kids ( unless they are over 21 ) I've been to alot of swaps over the years and this one is by far the best. Great atmosphere- tons of stuff- lot's of fun.
Slamr
Posted 3/6/2007 9:38 AM (#243114 - in reply to #240877)

Wishing I could make this one, but I'll be fishin! For trout and steelies.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)