Muskie Discussion Forums

Forums | Calendars | Albums | Quotes | Language | Blogs Search | Statistics | User Listing
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )
Moderators: Slamr

View previous thread :: View next thread
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]

Muskie Fishing -> Lures,Tackle, and Equipment -> Vector 3X vs. Vantage 3X

Message Subject: Vector 3X vs. Vantage 3X
jclymer
Posted 1/12/2007 9:33 AM (#231853)
Subject: Vector 3X vs. Vantage 3X

I was planning on buying a Vantage 80 lb this year, but I think I could get a pretty good deal on a Vector 3X 80 lb.. The motor will be used for backtrolling in heavier waves (Mille Lacs).. Can anyone let me know what is the advantage to the Vantage vs. the Vector? There is quit a bit of price difference between the 2, why is the Vantage better???
MNmatt
Posted 1/12/2007 9:40 AM (#231854 - in reply to #231853)
Subject: RE: Vector 3X vs. Vantage 3X

J,

I have a 101 Vantage and it's great. It has 4x steering actually (not that that makes a big difference over 3x), but the real benefit is in the push button control and auto-stow/deploy. This motor is awesome on the transom. It tucks away very nicely and takes up minimal space on the back casting platform. The vector you have to pull up and lock in place, but on rough waters like mille lacs, I wouldn't trust the tilted motor without it being strapped down (and how do you do that on the rear deck without taking up a lot of space).

The biggest reason i can see to get the vantage is the auto-stow/deploy, reliability and ease of use, and the minimal space that it takes up when stowed securely.

PM me if you have any questions about the motor.

-m
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [30 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)